Wedding bells

Neil sat in the dining area with Nessa's brothers, who had no idea what was going on, and who decided to celebrate their sisters wedding to the warrior, a few hours before the wedding even started, by pouring ale into their goblets and making toast after toast to the engaged couple, as they refilled their goblets again and again.

Neil's heart twisted with regret for even thinking to allow Nessa to talk him into this fake wedding. With only hours away till the ceremony, Neil grew anxious that something would go terribly wrong. Excusing himself, he raced up the stairs and thrust the door open to Nessa's chambers, and almost lost his breath.

Three servant girls who's assisted in dressing Nessa into her wedding gown, were putting the final touches, and Neil stepped back and looked at the bride, and wondered why the man that she loved still hasn't come forward to claim her his, she was by far one of the most beautiful bride he had ever seen.

Nessa ordered the servants to leave her room, and when they closed the wooden door behind them as they left, Nessa turned to Neil and cried, "Mayhap I was wrong Neil, I'm sorry for getting us in this situation."

"You think that our soulmate's won't step forward, and stop the wedding?" Neil asked, and Nessa could tell, that he was hurting by the tone of his voice.

"I'm sorry Neil, I should have known better." She said, wondering where she had gone wrong with her plans.

Very calmly, Neil sat on Nessa's bed, and suddenly Nessa noticed that his eyes were sparkling with laughter. Narrowing her eyes, she marched up to him, and placed her hands on her hips.

"Want to share your thoughts with me, or are you planning on killing me softly with your silence.

Jumping off the bed, Neil looked at her, and said, "I know what I have to do today Nessa."

"Well don't hesitate, spit it out!" She snapped.

Taking a deep breath, Neil said in a hoarse voice, "I love her, and I'm not going to live without her Nessa!"

"And just what are you going to do?" She asked, curious to know what was on his mind.

"You just come to the the cathedral, and look beautiful, and let me take care of the rest!" He said, throwing her a smile to die for.

"What are you talking about, are you mad? The man I love has disappeared from the face of this earth, my sister is being stubborn as hell, and you and I will have to get married if we don't do something!" She cried, and angry tears from all her built up frustration, glided down her beautiful face.

"Can you for once have some faith in me?" He told her, and he walked to the door, and threw it open. "Don't be late, Nessa, I don't want you to miss our wedding." he said, and winked at her.

Nessa winced when Neil slammed the door shut, and she wondered what was on his mind. In an hour, the wedding bells will be ringing, and Hawk still hasn't showed up.

Walking over to the window, she looked out into the decorative courtyard, and saw her mother giving orders to the servants for last minutes details. Her eyes searched across the grounds for a possible sighting of the man she had fallen in love with, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"So sister, your are going through with it after all." Lanie said from behind her.

Startled, Nessa turned around, and threw an accusing stare at her, "Yes I am, he will make me a fine husband." She told her, and wondered how her sister enters her room without any noise.

"Do you love him for real Nessa?" Lanie asked with trembling lips.

"Yes I do!" Nessa lied, and watched as Lanie ran out of her room with tears in her eyes.

Stubborn girl, Nessa thought, she better hurry and do something, before it will be too late!

Vote vote vote!!!!!!!! Thank you kindly. Xoxxoxoxxoxoxxo