One day at a time

Nessa walked in the gardens taking an afternoon stroll with Neil. The princess closed her eyes and the gentil breeze caressed her skin, as they made their way to their favorite spot by the water fountain. Nessa liked to hear the natural sounds of the water as it flowed through the fountain, it relaxed her troubled mind and eased her aching heart.

Neil and Nessa had become fast friends, forming a special bond that would last forever.

"Tis a beautiful day today, Nessa." Neil told her, and motioned for her to sit on the wooden bench.

"Yes it is, for the first day of fall, it's rather warm." She said, and shifted to her left, allowing room for Neil to sit down next to her.

Neil made himself comfortable on the bench, and took her hands in his. "I have to tell you something Nessa." He said gently, in a serious tone, and pulled a strand of hair away from her face.

Nessa sighed, knowing exactly what was on his mind. "Go ahead Neil, I'm listening."

Neil hesitated at first, but decided to finally tell her. "I have grown very fond of you Nessa, and look forward each day to our talks, but it saddens me that you can't be more open with me. Have I not shown you that I am loyal to you?" He asked, "it bothers me to know that you don't feel comfortable enough, after all this time to tell me what's in your heart."

Nessa looked away from him, not sure what to tell him. Although he has proven to her that he is trustworthy, she was still scared to share with him everything in her heart. How would he react if he knew that the man she was in love with was a Fay? "I trust you Neil, it's just that I am not ready to talk about it yet." She lied.

Neil threw her a smile, and said in a deep caring voice, "I'm sure he knows that he is a lucky man to have your love." And Nessa noticed the far away look in his eyes again.

"And what about your love? Does she have any idea what you feel for her?" Nessa asked.

"No, I have not told anyone what's in my heart." He said, and Nessa could hear the pain in voice.

Nessa wondered why this handsome warrior wasn't taken yet. He was a masculine, gorgeous hunk, with a gentle soft spoken voice, who had a heart of gold. She hoped that it was her sister that he was in love with. He would make a good husband for Lanie, she thought.

Lifting herself off the bench, Nessa walked up to the fountain, and ran her fingers through the cold water.

"Are you feeling depressed again?" Neil asked her, concerned for her welfare, because for the last two months, she fell in and out of depression, and he was watching her carefully to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Nessa did not respond to his question, and he jumped off the wooden bench, walked to her side, and pulled her into his strong and possessive arms. The princess rested her head on his muscled chest, and wrapped her arms around his tapered waist.

From behind the tall rose bushes, a few yards away, hid the giant Fay, and he shuddered with madness when he saw his woman in the arms of the handsome Druid.

Thank you all for your warm wishes, this is our second day we are at the hospital waiting the arrival of our little angel, all the nurses have named us our big fat Greek delivery, because there are over fifteen family members here waiting and waiting and waiting. We eat here we sleep here and we WAIT !!!!!!!!

Thank you for your votes and comments, they mean the world to me. Xoxxoxoxxoxo