Don't break my heart

After breakfast, Kyra and her mother, along with Lidia and her daughters, decided to go to Lidia's chambers and finish planning the wedding. When Kyra lifted herself off her seat, she walked away from the table without even a glance towards her Prince, still feeling depressed with what she had witnessed in his chambers earlier.

Michael watched her go with a sinking heart, he knew she was upset about something, but had no clue what that could be. Turning his attention back at the men who were at his table, the Prince noticed that Chief Douglas, and his brothers were eyeing him suspiciously.

"I'm training my warriors aggressively today for battle, and I need for you to command your warriors to follow my lead in training. I know your warriors are very well trained, but they must train alongside my warriors, and become one unit, it will benefit us more this way." Michael said, trying hard to concentrate on what he was saying, because thoughts of Kyra consumed him, "we have to train excessively, and be prepared."

"I will make the announcement during training, you have my full support on this Michael, I trust you, and will cooperate, but first I think you should go find Kyra, I'm sure the two of you need sometime alone." The Chief said, with a slight edge to his voice.

Michael lifted himself of his seat, and marched up the stairs to find his betrothed. It didn't sit well with him that Kyra's father thought his relationship with his daughter was on the rocks, and what was wrong with Kyra anyway, he didn't do anything to upset her, he thought.

He took a deep inhalation of breath before he swung the door open to his mothers chambers and found the woman sitting comfortably around the oak table by the huge windows, discussing the colors they will be using for the wedding reception.

All eyes turned on him, except Kyra's. She turned her head and looked out the window, and Michael knew that she was purposely ignoring him, and that annoyed him. He thought they had a reasonable relationship where they could talk about everything, apparently she thought otherwise.

"Kyra, come with me please, I need a word with you." He said, aggravated now that he looked like the bad guy in front of her mother.

"I'm feeling a little under the weather, mayhap later if you don't mind." Kyra said weakly, without even a glance his way.

There was silence in the room, as all the woman looked at each other quietly, and waited to see what would happen next.

Michael held his temper in check, not wanting to cause a scene. Making his way to his betrothed, he grabbed her hand, pulled her off her seat carefully, and swinging her around to face him. Kyra's eyes were cold, as she looked up at him.

"You need to come with me now Kyra." He said, in a firm and unwavering tone.

"You are not my husband yet, so don't go ordering me around from now!" She snapped, and pulled herself out of his grip, and walked away.

Michael held himself from chasing after her, not wanting to alarm the ladies in the room, and he narrowed his eyes, as he watched Kyra open the door, and stepped out of the chambers, slamming the door closed behind her.

"Oh my, I do apoligize for her manners Lidia, I don't know what has gotten into her." Kyra's mother said, embarrassed by her daughters sudden burst of anger,

"Don't apoligize my dear, I'm sure my son played a role in this, and got her all riled up." Lidia said, as she eyed her son in a stern way.

Michael felt uncomfortable, especially since they were all looking at him like he is the culprit in this escapade that Kyra had created. He stomped over to the door, and threw it open, just as the servant was making her way to the room with a tray of refreshments.

The Druid marched over to Kyra's bedroom and tried to open her door, but it was locked. Making a fist, he banged on the door, but Kyra did not answer.

"Open the door Kyra, or I shall break it!" He warned angrily, but Kyra still did not respond. "I said open the door!"

There was silence on the other side of the door, and Michael gave one hard kick and the door went flying open, and he marched inside, closed the door, and turned around to face Kyra.

"Next time you lock the door, I will break it down, and remove it, and you shall sleep in a room without a door!" He threatened.

Kyra stood up from her seat and pointed at the door, "Get out of here!" She cried. "You threw me in this room without taking my feelings into consideration. So now this is my room, and I want you out of here!"

Kyra walked passed him, and swung open the door, "out!" She yelled.

Michael's suspisciouns were confirmed, she was really angry at him, but he was baffled as to why.

"What is bothering you Kyra?" He asked in a softer tone of voice, wanting desperately to take her in his arms, and make love to her.

"Fine, if you won't leave the room, I will!" She said, and she walked out into the hallway, leaving Michael behind, baffled with her behavior.

He ran after her, grabbed her from the waist, and lifted her in his arms.

"Put me down, how dare you take me against my will!" She yelled.

Lidia's door swung open and all the woman came out into the hallway, and stared at them open mouthed. They had an audience to his dismay, and he knew he was going to get an earful from his mother.

Lidia marched up to him with her hands on her hips and said, "That is not any way to treat a lady, I have taught you better than this! Put her down, and find another way to get her to soften up, woman want love and respect, they don't want men who act like beasts!"

Kyra continued to kick and scream, but Michael held on to her tightly. "Mother mind your own business and do not meddle into my affairs! She is under my command, and she will do as I say!" He barked, and he entered Kyra's chamber and closed the door in his mothers face.

Marching over to the king sized bed, the Prince threw her on it, and grabbed her hands, pinning them above her head. "If you ever disobey me in front of other people again, I will throttle you, do you understand that?" He said through gritted teeth.

"I will do as I want, we are not married yet, and even if I do marry you, I will not be under your command!" She hissed, and struggled to set herself free from his grip.

Michael was confused, because he was angry at her for creating this whole mess, and he didn't understand why his shaft was throbbing to be touched by her. She was a spit fire, and any other man would have given her a beating for speaking this way to him, but he just wanted to undress her, and claim her his. Not knowing what to do with her, he pulled his muscled warrior body over her, lowered his head, and kissed her passionately, as desire surged through him like an electrical shock, but she raised her knee and kicked him in the shin, and as he tried to recover from the pain she had caused in his balls, she slipped from underneath him, and ran to the door.

"Did you think if you kissed me I would forgive your betrayal? I will not forgive you ever, and I will not marry a man who thinks it is his birth right, as a Prince, to place his betrothed in a separate room, so he could sleep around with the servants!" She yelled, before she swung open the door and ran out of the room.

Dumbfound, Michael just lay in the bed, the pain in his groin already forgotten, and replaced with a greater pain. It was the pain in his warrior heart that twisted until he cried her name out loud for her to come back to him.

This woman sucked the life out of him, he thought, as he lifted his muscled body off the bed, and marched after her. She had seen him with the servant this morning, and she thought he had betrayed her!

Thank you kindly for your votes and comments. Xoxoxoxxoxxoxox