The battle begins

Michael ran down the stairs three at a time, and the guards looked at each other and shook their heads. They were glad that they did not have his position as leader, with all the responsibilities weighing heavy on his back. They pitied their chief, and knew that he was having problems with his betrothed, and wondered if he would be able to think clearly during battle, because his life could be at risk if he is not able to focus on his task. The warriors knew that the witches had the magic sword, and they can kill two Druids tonight with it, and they hoped it wasn't their leader nor Kyra, for the guards wanted them to find love with each other again.

With a heavy heart, the Prince stepped out into the courtyard and immediately he noticed that the skies had darkened, and there was an eerie feeling in the pit of his stomach. He knew instantly that the witches and their army, were surrounding the outskirts of the castle grounds, and preparing for the battle.

He dashed inside the castle and called out in a firm and demanding voice, "Get all the woman and children to the dungeon, immediately!"

The hundreds of warriors that were inside the castle awaiting orders from their leader, circled around the Prince anxiously, and Michael pointed to one of the warriors in front of him and said. "Release my brother from prison, and bring him here, we need him!" Then he turned around and faced chief Douglas, "gather fifty of your strongest warriors and have them surround the inside of the courtyard by the walls, and another fifty to surround the castle to protect the innocent woman and children!"

Chief Douglas immediately barked orders to his warriors to do as Michael ordered, and as his warriors ran to where they were assigned to, chief Douglas turned to Michael and asked hoarsely, "What of my daughter, who's protecting her?"

"Don't worry about her, she is under my protection, I have two of my most trusted warriors guarding her outside the prison door, and the tower is surrounded by magic to keep out the enemies, and she is wearing the ruby ring which will notify me incase of danger." He told the chief, and then focused his attention on his mother and sisters who were still in the great hall along with Kyra's mother.

"Mother why aren't you all in the dungeon as I ordered? Go now, do not hesitate!" He yelled.

"We are not going in the dungeon without Kyra!" Lidia yelled back.

"Mother, she is safe, do not worry about her, she is under my protection, I would never let anything happen to her!" He told her, but she still hesitated, "I love her mother, and I will protect her with my life!"

Lidia sighed with relief, and called to her two daughters, and Kyra's mother to follow her into the dungeon, where all the ladies of the court, children and servant girls, were hiding.

Michael turned around and faced all the warriors, just as Edward joined the rest of his brothers, that were among the hundreds of men of courage, who stood in a warriors stance, and were anxiously waiting for the order to start the battle.

"Today we shall kill all the witches and the dark forces, and be rid of them! Do not stop killing until every last one of them is dead! The head witch will hunt me and Kyra down, to kill us with the magic sword, do not try to stop her if she comes after me, but do not let her kill Kyra, save her life not mine!" He said, and his eyes fell on Edward, and somehow he knew that Edward would keep Kyra safe if anything were to happen to him.

"To achieve victory, we must watch each other's back, and most important make sure that our woman and children are safe. Kill anyone that goes near the entrance of the castle!" He said, "spare no one that is against us! Now go and fight, let's win the battle and be rid of our enemies!"

The warriors roared like beasts as they ran out the entrance way, and out into the open courtyard where they raised their swords in the air and waited for the attack.

Michael took his place in front of his warriors, he was fearless, having the courage and strength of a hundred warriors, and struck terror in the hearts of his enemies.

The witches, and all the monsters that were fighting with them made their way through the wooden doors of the courtyard, and the dark ones that lurked in the shadows lurched forward when the head witch gave the command, and then all hell broke loose.

Thank you for your support!!!! Xoxxoxoxxo