Stephan

Baby Stephan stole everyone's heart from the moment he was born. He was pampered, and adored, and the witches loved to spoil him to pieces.

"It's my turn now, Hilda! You had him right before his last feeding!" The youngest witch argued.

"Yes I did, but he seems to like me the best!" Hilda said with pride, and reached for the baby.

"That's not fair!" Complained the youngest witch.

"Now now, stop whining and get to work, we have many things to do today. The baby needs clothes, and blankets, and toys, yes he needs lots of toys!" The oldest of the witches said.

"Toys?" Hilda raised her eyebrow, "he can't play with toys, he's just a teenie weenie little baby!" She laughed.

"Yes but the prophecies write that in a weeks time he will be walking and talking! He's no ordinary baby, and you know this to be true!" The oldest witch said, doing everything she can to lower her tone of voice, not wanting to scare the babe. "You just go in town and buy the items I have written on the list, and hurry back, before someone gets wind of the fact that we have a mother and child hostage here!"

"Their not hostages, Eva won't be coming back for a while. We can help Kyra get healthy, and send her home to claim her husband back before Eva does more damage." Hilda said.

"I for one, think that it's time to wake Kyra from her sleep, so she can bond with her baby!" Maya said, and Hilda looked at her, surprised that she spoke up.

"Well well well, if it isn't little Maya all grown up and ordering us about!" Hilda said, with her hands on her hips. "Go fetch us a new gown to put on Kyra because the one she is wearing is soiled, and by the time you come back, I will have awakened her."

Hilda waited until Maya left the room, and turned her attention back to the oldest witch, "I don't trust that one, she and Eva go way back, and mayhap she will report to Eva what we are doing!" She whispered, making sure that no one heard her.

"Don't worry about her, concentrate on waking Kyra up, so she can bond with the child, he needs his mothers touch." The old witch said.

Hilda raised her hand and waved it over Kyra, saying a few magic words, breaking the spell, and watched as the princess's eyes fluttered open.

"Where's my baby?" Kyra asked in a weak tone of voice, and her eyes searched the room desperately.

"Take it easy, Kyra, your baby is in good hands. We are here to help you and your child." Hilda told her, trying to calm her down.

"Please don't hurt my baby!" She screamed.

The oldest witch took a deep breath, who could blame Kyra for being frightened? After everything she went through with Eva, she had every right to be scared. "Medeia, bring the child, his mother is awake!"

Medeia came running in the room with the bundle of joy, and placed the babe in Kyra's arms. The baby smiled happily when he saw his mother, and Kyra's eyes watered, as her heart filled with overwhelming love for her child.

"We want to help you bath and change into a clean gown Kyra. Will you let us do that?" Hilda asked.

"Yes of course, thank you for helping me and my child." Kyra said, grateful that the witches were good, and not like Eva.

By the time Maya came back with the bag of goodies, Kyra was bathed, dressed, and sitting in a comfortable rocking chair, in the dining area, where dinner was about to be served. The babe was already able to sit by himself on a stack of pillows, and he was grabbing the utensils and banging on the plates.

At first everyone thought he was just making noises, until all of the sudden, they noticed that the banging was turning into a melody. The child was making music, and everyone starred at him amazed that he was able to do that.

Kyra was very proud of him, and knew that his gifts and talents would soon have all the witches captivated. She was told by William that her child would grow at the speed of light. By the end of the week, he would be walking and talking, and Kyra wanted to spend every second with him, before he grows, because in less than a year he would be as tall as his father!

Stephan continued to entertain the witches through dinner, and enjoyed watching them fight over him. He understood everything that they said, and clapped his hands to get their attention. He knew them all by name, and loved each and every one of them. He understood the love that they showered him with, and he saw the way they took care of his mother. These witches meant the world to him, and he decided that he wanted them in his life.

As the days went by, Stephan started to gain his strength. By the end of the week, as all the witches were gathered in the sitting area, talking about what they were going to do about Eva, Stephan picked himself up, and walked across the room to where Hilda sat. Everyone stopped talking, and held their breath.

Stephan raised his arms up in the air and said out loud, "up!"

Hilda who was his favorite of all the witches, picked up the child, and placed him on her lap. Stephan had everyone's attention, including his mothers, and decided that this would be the right time to tell them that he wanted to go home to meet his father.

"Mama! Home!" He said joyfully, and clapped his hands.

Thank you for all your votes and comments xoxxoxxoxoxxo