Heal my heart

Robert fell to the floor, his blood splattered everywhere, and he was dead on impact. Lucious turned in slow motion, his raggard breathing left him gasping for air, as his eyes fell on Abby. She was huddled in the corner, naked and full of bruises. He got here too late, he thought, as pain speared through his heart.

Dropping to his knees next to her helpless beat up body, he gently lifted her in his arms, and cradled her against his muscled chest.

"Abby," he whispered hoarsely, dropping a soft kiss on her head. "My heart."

Abby finally felt safe in his strong, and possesive arms, and breathed a sigh of relief. "You came for me." She said, her voice was weak, and broken.

Lucious pulled her close to his heart, and promised himself that he will never leave her out of his sight ever again. He loved her, and that realization left him breathless with relief, because he now had a reason to stay.

A piercing scream ripped through the air, and Lucious whipped his head around to find Nessa clutching her abdomen, in sever pain.

"Lucious help her, her babe is in serious trouble!" Abby cried.

Lucious carefully placed Abby gently on the floor, and lifted himself up to his full height. Walking slowly to where Nessa lay, he kneeled down close to her, and examined her bruises.

"Please, help me, I think I'm in labor, and you must get me to a safe place to deliver my babe." She begged, her voice was hoarse, and full of pain, as tears streamed down her face.

Lucious pulled a few strands of hair away from her face, and gently caressed her cheek. This is his aunt, he thought anxiously, and he had to find a way to help her. "I do not know how to help you aunt Nessa, but I can take you to East Wick castle, it's not far from here, the witches will be able to help you."

He turned his head around, and found Abby trying slowly to raise herself to her feet. His heart ripped in two watching her struggle to take a few steps.

"Let's go now Lucious, she needs immediate help!" Abby cried passionately.

Lucious wasted no time, gently, he placed his hands underneath Nessa's naked body and lifted her in his arms.

Throwing Abby a tender loving look, he asked, "Are you able to walk Abby?"

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine, please hurry, take Nessa to the witches, so they can try and heal her!" Abby said, as fresh tears glided down her bruised face.

Without wasting another second, Lucious walked out into the cold winter day, where the wind blasted against them, and the snow fell silently to the ground. Abby followed behind them, her feet were barefoot, and stone cold, as she stepped Into the fresh snow that had softly fallen, and dressed the ground all white. They walked away from the cabin, their footsteps leaving their imprints behind in the virgin snow, as they made their way to East Wick castle.

Every so often, Lucious turned around to make sure that Abby was still behind them. She was running to keep up pace with him. She was naked and freezing cold, and Lucious knew that tonight she will be burning with fever. His heart twisted with guilt, he blamed himself for everything. Had he accepted her love, from the beginning, she would have been safe with him.

An hour later, Abby and Nessa were numb from the cold, Lucious tried to shield Nessa's body, with his arms, but it was impossible to be able to cover her enough to protect her from the blowing wind, and the snow, that fell at a steady pace.

Nessa screamed in agony, her pains were coming minutes apart, and excruciating pain attacked her midsection. Lucious tried to ignore the blood that dropped to the ground, leaving a trail of red beaded dots behind them, and concentrated on the task ahead. Abby was keeping pace with them, he knew that she was suffering, but complained not once! She braved out the snow, the cold, and her pains, and tried to show support for Nessa, who was getting close to delivery time.

From a distance, Lucious saw the witches waiting for them outside the castle, and sighed with relief. They had seen in the looking glass everything that had happened, and they were prepared to take on the task of healing Nessa and Abby.

Hilda pushed and shoved everyone out of the way. Holding a couple blankets in her arms, she came running to them, wrapping one blanket over Nessa, and throwing the other over Abby's back, wrapping her tightly, to keep the wind from blowing on her naked flesh.

When the warrior reached the castle, all the witches stepped asside, and cleared a path for Lucious to enter, as he hurriedly ran down the corridor, to the room where Dora motioned for him to enter. Abby followed close behind, and almost passed out, but Maya grabbed her from the side, and guided her to a bed in the far end corner of the room.

The witches had prepared heated blankets, fresh linen, warm water, and everything they would need for the delivery. Half the witches tended to Nessa, and the other half tended to Abby.

Nessa was in and out of consciousness, and was delirious by the time the witches had her ready in position to deliver her child.

"Hawk, please, I need Hawk!" She cried out, as another pain cut across her belly.

"Please Lucious," Abby cried weakly, "go find Hawk, he must be here to help Nessa!"

Lucious did not want to leave Abby, but she was right, Hawk should be here for Nessa, because no one knew what the outcome of this delivery would be. Nessa had lost a lot of blood, suffered a beating to her midsection, and was out in the cold, naked and shivering in his arms. It would be a miracle if she survived the night.

The warrior walked over to where Abby lay, and leaned over her, placing a warm kiss on her temple. Her forehead was warm, and he knew that a fever was on its way to claim her body. Choking back a sob, he whispered in her ear something that he should have told her before now.

"I love you!" He whispered hoarsely, in a broken voice. Not knowing if she will still be alive when he returned.

Abby looked up at him and tears glided down her face, "I know Lucious, I have always known." She told him, weakly. "Go now, Hawk needs to be here, do not delay another second!"

Lucious pulled himself up, "I'll be back soon!" He said hoarsely, and left before anyone saw the tears that threatened to spill from his eyes.

Back out in the cold, Lucious heard Nessa's chilling screams that echoed around the castle, and winced. Hawk is not going to like this, he thought, as he ran faster than the speed of light to Sterlingshire castle to fetch Hawk.

Thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxoxxoxxoxoxxoxox