Michael and Hawk

Hawk sat by himself in the Fay courtyard, while Nessa slept peacefully in his chambers. Deep in thought and troubled by the fact that Nessa had Robert in her heart, before he snatched her from the cathedral, he didn't notice the Fay King come from behind him, until he sat next to him on the stone bench.

"Hawk is something troubling you?" The handsome King asked his second in command.

Hawk did not even bother to turn and look at his King, taking a deep sigh, he said. "Nay, I'm good, just needed some fresh air."

The King raised an eye brow, "You would leave your bed, with sleeping beauty sleeping in it, for fresh air? Seems hard to believe my friend. I have known you for thousand of years, and this would be a first" he chuckled. "Seems to me that something is bothering you, and mayhap I could be of assistance, if you're willing to share that is."

Hawk took in an inhalation of breath, before he spoke. "Aye, something is bothering me, but tis nothing can't deal with by myself sire."

"Is it the human you have in your bed? Is that what is bothering you?" The King asked.

"Nay!" Hawk said too quickly, before he realized his mistake.

The King sat quietly next to his friend, and waited. He knew Hawk very well, it will be only a matter of minutes before his friend will start talking. There was nothing that the two have not shared, and he was sure that he will start to talk soon.

"I might have made a mistake, one that will cost me much." Hawk finally said.

"Do you love her?" The King asked.

"With everything that I've got!" Hawk replied passionately.

"Then worry not, everything will work out. The lass needs time to get used to our land, and our people, but I must add that you did not heed my warning about the humans. They don't love like we Fay's do, sometimes they can change their mind!" The King could not help but add.

"She's a Druidess, they find their soulmate like we do and their love is strong!" Hawk said, his voice was harsh, and a tad cold.

The King let that slip, his friend would never disrespect him unless there is something serious bothering him. "Then what would be the problem my friend?"

"I was the first in her bed, but not the first in her heart!" Hawk said, and this time, the King heard the pain in his friends voice.

"Do you think she still carries feelings for this other man?" The King asked, praying that the answer was no, because he knew Hawk very well, and there will be trouble brewing if Hawk felt cheated on.

"Mayhap she does, and mayhap she doesn't, I don't know her heart. Mayhap I acted without thinking, and kidnapped her from the MacAlister keep, without first looking within her heart for the answers." Hawks voice sounded tired, and frustrated.

"You mean she is a MacAlister?" The King sounded alarmed, "do you realize what you have done?"

Hawk turned his head, and faced his King.

"You have broken the alliance between the MacAlisters and the Fay's!" The king roared. "If Michael gets wind of who kidnapped her, he will reap havoc! Not to mention the fact that he might declare war between his people and ours! Why were you thinking with your arse instead of your head?"

"He already knows it was me who took his sister, because I stole her from the cathedral on the day she was marring another, and everyone saw me do it." Hawks voice was deep, but firm.

The king jumped up from his seat, and stood in front of Hawk. "And you sit here without a care in the world that soon we will be ambushed? What the hell were you thinking stealing the sister of the MacAlisters?" The King demanded.

Thank you for your votes and comments xoxxoxxoxoxxo