Dying inside

Stephan held Abby tightly in his embrace, Lucious was a brave man, he thought. Leaving Abby proved to him how selfless his brother really was. A small smile curved his lips, his brother had a heart after all, just as he suspected.

This was a bittersweet moment for him. He was torn between the love that he felt for his brother, and the love he felt for Abby. She clung to him, as she cried her heart out. He could not help but feel jealousy, knowing that the woman he loved was crying for his brother, but his brother left her, and all is fair in love and war, he thought, as his hand slid down the arch of her back. He closed his eyes and allowed the powerful sensation in his loins coil around him, until his shaft was stiff and hard.

Oh sweet Abby, I'm finally going to have you in my bed, he thought, as different ways to seduce her claimed his mind. There wasn't even the slightest hint of shame as an image of her bare breasts floated before him. He was going to love her until she begged him to stop. Lucious made a huge mistake leaving her to him, Stephan thought wickedly, lifting Abby in his strong and powerful arms.

He walked over to the bed, and placed her gently on it, covering her with the warm blanket. Kneeling beside the bed, Stephan leaned his head, and brushed his lips softly against Abby's. She did not resist him. Abby was hurting and was not in her right state of mind. This is not right, he thought, he was taking advantage of her moment of weakness, and felt like a swine.

Pulling back, he quickly lifted himself to his feet, walked over to the fireplace, and stoked the fire. The flames roared back to life, as the orange glow engulfed the logs, and already Stephan could feel a difference in the room.

Not trusting himself to stay in this room alone with Abby anymore, Stephan decided to go find the rest of his family to see what their plans were. The MacAlisters had overstayed their visit at East Wick, and it was time to head back home. The holidays were coming up, and there was much preparations to be done before then.

"Are you hungry lass? Can I bring you something to eat?" Stephan asked, without looking directly into her eyes.

"I'm famished, but I will get it myself," Abby replied, raising herself from the bed. "I can not lay in this bed anymore, it's boring, and anyway, I am feeling much better." She said, hoping and praying that she sounded convincing enough.

In two long strides Stephan was by her side, "No Abby, you need your rest, lay back in bed!" He told her firmly, placing his hands on her shoulders and redirecting her back to bed.

"There's no reason for me to be in bed, I'm feeling fine!" She said, hoping he will let her be.

"No Abby, you need your rest. If Dora sees you walking in the halls of her castle, she will be angry." He told her, and pushed her gently back on the bed. "I'm going to go in the kitchen and ask Hilda to make you something to eat, I shan't be long." He told her, as he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

Abby sighed, and jumped off the bed. Images of Lucious claimed her mind, and she struggled to keep herself from crying. Walking over to the window, Abby pulled the furs away from the window, and looked outside in the courtyard, searching every inch of it, hoping to mayhap catch a glimpse of Lucious somewhere out there, but to her dismay, he was no where to be seen.

Grief claimed her once again, having missed Lucious so much that an ache coiled around her aching heart and squeezed it tight. Lost in her own pain, and suffering, she did not notice that the furs she had pulled off the window had fallen near the fireplace, and the golden, roaring flames licked the corner of the fur, and caused it to go up in flames.

Stephan walked down the corridor consumed in his own thoughts. He needed to have a talk with his father about Abby. He wanted her to come back with him to Sterlingshire castle, and he needed his fathers approval to do that.

The door to the sitting room was open, and Stephan heard his family's laughter, and decided that now would be the right time to have a talk with his father. Entering the sitting room, conversation came to a complete halt, and all eyes fell on him. Michael threw his son a questioning glance, but Stephan ignored him. He wasn't about to answer his fathers or anyone else's questions.

"Isn't time we head back home?" Stephan asked, "I think we have over stayed our visit here."

"Nonsense, you are all welcome to stay as long as you want!" Dora spoke up, "We are all delighted that you are all here." She said wholeheartedly, as she rocked the sleepy babe in her arms.

Hilda walked in the sitting room with a tray full of scones. Placing the tray on the table nearby, she walked over to Dora, and reached to take the baby in her arms.

"It's my turn now Dora, you have held the babe for a while now. Tis not fair to all of us that you have her the whole time!" She said, and snatched the baby out of her hold.

Dora narrowed her eyes, but before Dora could utter her disapproval, a huge explosion was heard from down the corridor, and the MacAlister men jumped quickly to their feet and quickly ran out the door.

Snatching the babe back from Hilda, Dora ran to the corner of the room to protect the babe. The witches pushed Lidia, Nessa, and Kyra in the corner where Dora was with the babe, and they circled protectively around them to keep them from harm.

Another explosion was heard, and the women screamed, as fear settled in the pit of their stomach. A few more witches ran inside the room, screaming hysterically, as they too huddled in the corner with all the other witches.

"Fire! Fire! Oh my goodness, the castle is burning down!" Maya cried hysterically, as she ran down the hall to collect her valuables.

"Come back Maya!" Hilda screamed after her, running as fast as she can to catch up to her.

It did not take long for the smoke to fill the entire castle, and had everyone coughing for for air.

"Where's Nessa?" Hawk yelled from the doorway, hardly able to see anything in front of him. "Where's my daughter?"

"We are here Hawk!" Nessa screamed out loud.

"You must evacuate immediately! Go now!" Hawk called out.

"Hawk, Abby is not here with us, we think she is in her room! Please Hawk, find her!" Nessa screamed. Hawk wasted no time, he raced down the corridor faster than the speed of light.

Fire had spread throughout the back rooms and was making it way to the middle of the castle, burning everything in its way.

Dora realized the trouble they were in, and ordered everyone out of the castle quickly. Wrapping the blanket tightly around the babe, Dora rushed out of the smoke filled room and yelled for everyone to follow her out to the courtyard.

Thank you for your votes and comments xoxxoxoxoxxoxoxxo