Lidia's secret

Lidia watched the healer walk towards her, and her heart skipped a beat. Each time she saw him, she restrained herself from running into his arms. Taking an inhalation of breath, she threw the healer a warm smile as he walked up to her.

Taking her hands in his, the healer said, "Good morning Lidia, always a pleasure to see you."

Lidia eyes sparkled as always when she saw him, but she pulled her hands away, not wanting him to feel them trembling. "Hello." She said simply, and she looked as if she wanted to say something more, but did not.

Williams heart was beating wildly, as it always does when he touches her as the soulmate electrical shocks coursed through his entire body. He wanted her desperately, but was too scared to tell her. Him, the mighty, giant warrior, who has battled the fields of Scotland and beheaded many enemies, scared to tell his soulmate that he adores her.

Following Lidia into the sitting room for privacy, he seats himself far away from his soulmate, not wanting her to notice that he is trembling with desire.

"Nice to see you again as always. Will you be spending the day with us? I heard cook is cooking your favorite meal today for dinner." She said warmly, trying to find many reasons for him to stay.

"Thank you but I have many things to attend to at home, and I will not have time today to stay, mayhap another time." He said, knowing that it is dangerous for him to stay longer than necessary in this castle.

Lidia quickly tried to find an excuse so he would stay longer. "Oh but you can't leave before dinner. I might be coming down with something, and I will need you to heal my pain. Yesterday after dinner, I felt a pang in my stomach, and it kept me up all night long!" She lied.

Concerned, William immediately agreed to stay for dinner.

"Thank you kindly, what would we have done without you?" She said, relieved that he took the bait. Oh William, she thought, when will you tell me who you are, I cannot wait any longer, I must have you tonight! She thought.

Lidia knew from the first time she saw his hooded face that it was her soulmate, but never told a single soul, did he think that she would not know who he was? Does he not realize, she thought, that she would recognize him no matter what? She has not stopped loving him all these years!

"Lidia, after dinner, I have a few things I would like to discuss with you about Michael and Kyra." He said, and Lidia detected concern in his voice, and wondered what she was going to be told.

"Yes of course, we can use the library for privacy." She said, and hoped that once they were alone, he would make a move, and touch her.

"I was thinking more like out in the courtyard where there are plenty of people after dinner strolling around, I don't want your good name to be ruined if we go to the library without a proper chaperone. The courtyard on the other hand, is full of people, and we can sit somewhere alone in public without running the risk of any one gossiping about you." He said, and half of that was the truth, but the other truth was that he didn't think he could stand to be alone with her, without ravishing her.

Lidia sighed, how much longer is he going to hold off telling her who he was, she thought.

Thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxxoxxoxxoxo