My Old House

So, just to be clear this isn't what I would consider to be an extremely "scary" story as much as a story relating to the paranormal.

I used to live in a house not too far from where I live now. (Literally we didn't even move a half mile away) This house in particular was an older house which hadn't been re-furbished or much of anything to modernize it so there was a lot of stuff in it on the older side including doors, pipes, etc. The day came to move in and as soon as my foot touched the floor of the house I felt like someone was staring at me. Like I wasn't the only person in the house. But at that moment I didn't really pay any attention to it. Over time I started noticing weird occurrences around the house like stuff moving, things not being in places where I left them, and my dog barking at nothing. After all this, me and my family came to the conclusion that there must've been a spirit in the house with us. Of course, this isn't really a bad thing because this ghost in particular didn't seem to be bad but rather a decent kind spirit, never really bothering us or trying to harm us. We called him Walter. We would always recognize him being there with us but would never be bothered or worried because of him and actually felt as though he was protecting us from other more evil spirits. This is how we lived for about 12 or so years until we moved out of the house. Nowadays I still sometimes feel like someone is in the room with me protecting me from danger.

Posted by u/WildLIght25