I Know Why KiK Is Really Shutting Down

You can all say I'm crazy, and that's ok because I know what happened to me. What happened to me and just a few other people is the real reason that the popular chat app KiK is shutting down soon. I had not been using the app very long myself before I discovered the meet new people option. Basically you have a limited number of chats that will allow you to connect with random people from all over the world and chat for a bit anonymously before deciding if you both want to add each other as friends.

This thing is loaded with dudes just trying desperately to find a female to like "sext" with or something. So when I finally found someone who was willing to just chat and use the app for what it was for, I was relieved. That was until I added said person. At first everything seemed fine, the guy said his name was Jeff, and he was from Iowa. My mom was born in Iowa so that was a conversation starter and it went from there.

Jeff was around my age, he said he likes video games and anime, like me so I thought it was fine to add this guy and make a new friend. However that's when things got weird. From the moment I added him things were not right. When i added my phone screen flickered a bit and i thought it was gonna restart itself it dimmed so much. Instead it fixed it self and the back light brightened back up and i could see his username was actually Here4U669.

After I added Here4U669 aka Jeff, I tried to start the conversation back up but he never answered back after adding at all that night. I didn't hear from him at all throughout the next day either. I was too worn out to mess with KiK that night so I just crashed. I woke up suddenly at 3:33 in the morning to my phone making a loud high pitched buzzing noise that I had never heard any phone make. I grabbed my phone half asleep to see that somehow my phone had opened the KiK app on it's own and was open to the chat log of the conversation between Here4U669 and myself and he was messaging over and over with the same message. "Let Me Inside,brother I'm here for you" is all that it was repeating.

I started typing and the buzzing stopped and so did the incoming messages. My response was "dude, what the hell are you saying I'm sleeping and all these messages are making my phone seize out or something please stop". As soon as I sent the message I heard a loud noise from coming from my living room, like something had fallen from a shelf or something. So I jumped out of bed and ran to the living room to find my front door wide open with a pink sticky note attached to it. The sticky note said "I told you I was here for you".

Needless to say I called the police immediately, however as it is in most cases like this they didn't do much besides tell me to call if anything else happened because they couldn't find anyone at the present time, and for me just to stay vigilant. After the police left I got some sleep and just left my phone off for the night.

When I woke up the next morning though my phone was laying on the pillow next to my head and already displaying the KiK screen and I had a message from Here4U that said, "hope I didn't scare you, I only wanted to be there for you". At this point I tried to report the user to KiK and block him and forget about the whole thing.

That was easier said than done however because I found that no matter how many times I tried to block here4u it would not let me and that was something that never happened. So I got back on the meet new people portion of the app and started a few conversations with people and asked of they had had similar experiences. It took a little while but finally I got someone who said they had not experienced this but there friend had chatted with someone like that, and they would give me their username so I could get in touch.

The person I was given the username for turned out to be a woman named Emily, who's life was not going well at the moment and she blamed it on someone named Here4U669 she had met on KiK. Her story was similar to mine only much worse seeing as how she had come face to face with what she believed was Here4U669, and she claimed he was not human.