Something happened during my sleepover...

So, this all started about a year ago...I used to Live in South Africa with my brother and my parents but my dad got a new job offer which required us to move to Dubai. We had moved in and settled nicely but everything became different after one night. I was having a sleepover with my friend...let's call her Kate.

Kate and I were sitting on my bed and reading fanfics. It was about...3am and my parents and brother were sleeping. Kate and I were making jokes about how my house was haunted and we also downloaded a few ghost hunting apps. Of course tho, they didn't work. So we were sitting on my bed under the bed sheets reading the Fanfics. I have a Helper/nanny who babysits and cleans our house. She has to live with us because she lived in the Philippines before.

Her bedroom was downstairs and mine was on the second floor. Kate and I were each reading separate Fanfics so we were dead silent while we read to ourselves. There was a sudden bang on my bedroom door which made Kate and I jump. Kate got freaked and she ran into my bathroom. I stayed on my bed and waited. About three minutes passed when my cleaner opened my door and said "oh sorry, I tripped" I just laughed a little and said "no worries".

About a week later my cousins and I were talking about scary stories and I told them about what had happened. My mum happened to be walking past and heard the story. She looked at me weirdly and said to me "why would she be on the second floor at 3am when her rooms downstairs?" As she said this, my heart rose to my throat. I could feel myself get paler as I realized that my mom was right. It didn't make sense. The kitchen was downstairs and so was all the living essentials. Only our bedrooms were upstairs except hers. Why was she on the second floor?

When we got home, the first thing I did was ask her why she was walking past my room at 3am and she frowned at me. She told me that she didn't come up to the second floor at all that night and she doesn't sleepwalking either. My heart sank even deeper, I felt the desperate need to throw up because I was so terrified.

It's been a year since that and yes, I've heard noises downstairs a lot but I'm way to scared to see what's up. I don't sleep in my bedroom anymore, I moved into the guest room and I've been fine ever since.

Thanks for listening to my story. -actually happened

Posted by u/cadencejade22