I was 15 I encounter the Rake. I've had 3 more since. This is the third.

The third encounter was definitely quite different to the first or second. This time it was spotted by not only my brother and i, but two friends as well. We'll call my brother J, and my friends B and A. Both B and A are skeptics and complete nonbelievers. But we were still calling the thing an alien so I guess I can understand. This encounter was about a year after the second.

Think about that, this damn thing stayed in hiding for a whole year before showing up again. Or at least showing itself to us again. It scares me to think of how many times it probably sat outside of my bedroom window. Oh just a heads up I made sure that damn porch light was off whenever I went to bed after the second encounter, but didn't tell J about it until recently, after I realized through some studying what it was.

So, basically its us 3 deciding to have like a midnight mini air soft war on ours and our neighbours properties. We had about an acre and they had around three. On this plot there is a large section of wooded area, then it opens into a field about a quarter mile long, and back into pine trees. I'll try to find a pic of it. Anyhow we're having our little war when J and I decide it would be a fantastic idea to try to find the damn thing.

We joke and mess around with B and A for a bit, slowly heading for the open field. That's when A spots something odd across to the other tree line. He just looks and says, "What the fuck?" and we all look in that direction. There across this huge fucking field is the damn thing. Looking damn near 8 feet tall, with its distinguishable glowing large red eyes. I couldn't believe it. A froze and B still couldn't see it. I tried to make sure at least one of us kept an eye on it as we sat there.

I tried to point it out to B as we were sitting as low as possible as to not give away our position. That sounds so stupid now, I know it seen us before we ever saw it. The damn thing planned for us to see it. As I looked back, it was gone. Like it had just vanished. I muttered something at J who was supposed to have been looking at it. He just had some stupid remark to say back. A was frozen still but too scared to look that direction.

Thats when I noticed it. It had moved about 50 yards to the left of us, and was floating... no, it was up a tree. The fucking thing was 50 feet up a god damn tree. How, how had it moved that fast and that swiftly to be that far and that high in almost 24 seconds? It was so quick, I couldn't believe it. This time B and J locked onto it, and it just sat there, taunting us. I told A to get back to the house, as long as we watched it we knew it wasn't moving.

Now, I've only heard something so terrifying twice in my life. Once on that day, and again on the 4th and final encounter. It's hard to explain. When I make a video I'll create the noise to the best I can. It shrieked and A ran, B quickly followed suit. But J and I, we just watched it, waiting. Then, we gave ourselves the GTFO look and ran. As we ran, it was a good 500+ yard sprint back to the house through thick forest and brush. I stupidly looked back.

In the field, there were randomized pine trees, with just large spaces between them making a strange pattern. The only way I can explain it, is that it could damn near teleport it was so fast. I watched the eyes go from the tree line, 50 yards to another tree, then another until the brush was too thick to see the field anymore. After that we just booked it. Ran back inside thankful just to be alive. A was pissed and so was B. J and I were.... excited, happy to know that we weren't insane. But then we realized how terrified we were.

We kinda brushed this all off and let it go after so long. And it was out of my mind for a long time. Until I watched a video recently. Here's the link: This is the noise I heard that night. It haunts me to this day. Next I'll be specific about how it looked. Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Posted by u/The_Nervous_Gamer