Trapped in an abandoned house

There was a house in a remote forest that was abandoned after the owners had passed away. Everything around it was dead, grass, trees, and animals even avoided it. Classmates said it was haunted. I didn't believe it, in fact I didn't believe in ghosts. One day after school me and 4 other friends; Danny, Evan, Andy, and David went to venture out in the woods to see the house. I was the youngest, the runt is what they called me but it never bothered me. I pretty much looked up to everyone older than me. After an hour of hiking through the forest we finally made it to this old abandoned early or mid 19th century house. Below the back door there was a small opening that only I could fit through. Dan and his brother David encouraged me to go through and open the door. Despite it being extremely dusty and I required an inhaler which I left in my backpack outside, I crawled in. Cobwebs everywhere, I had trouble breathing but it went away... underneath the house I find a crawl space and make my way up. I could only see the rays of light peeking in from the loose boards on the windows and gaps between them. I see a door with a 2x4 holding it shut. I lifted it and open the door to see no one there. My friends were gone. It was too quiet for them to be nearby.

I was not scared of this house and I was curious about what was left behind. It was fully furnished and looked like nothing had been touched or vandalized but everything was covered in dust and cobwebs. I go upstairs and open a room door. There was no floor in that room, I could see the kitchen below. Suddenly I feel a push and I fell down to the 1st floor and hit the stove, knocking me out cold. When I woke up it was pitch black and very cold. I had to feel my way around to find the door. The door is sealed shut and wouldn't budge. I couldn't find the entrance to the crawl space whatsoever. Panic sets in... I am surprised at this point that I don't need my inhaler otherwise I would be hyperventilating but no time to think about my bag I just need out! Scared to death, I am curled up shivering in a closet in the hallway by the front door. Its the only place I feel somewhat safe for now and it was warmer than the other rooms. Then I begin to hallucinate. One minute I hear dogs whimpering, it stops and moments later I hear what sounded like an infant crying and having a fit. Then that too stopped. The wind can be heard from outside, the crackling of trees, and I hear kids laughing in the distance, getting louder and louder. This terrified me, I knew it was real, it wasn't my imagination I swear! I hear furniture being dragged across the kitchen floor, footstep sounds going up the stairs, babies crying, and a loud gunshot sound. Then the wind died and for the rest of the night it was total silence, so quiet that I could hear nothing from inside.

I doze off in the closet and wake up in the morning. It was the weekend and no school so I wasn't worried about my parents not finding me, I was confident on returning before everyone wakes up. On my way home I began to think about my friends. I was in shock and disgust about what they had done. I was the runt of the bunch but I had bottled up anger inside from being pushed around and that felt like the last straw. I didn't want to go home just yet. I needed my bag and the first suspects were Dan and David... I approach Dan and David's house and sneak into the backyard. Their dogs looked up but ignored me as I walked past to the sliding glass door that was always unlocked during the day. I go up to their rooms and rip everything apart while they slept peacefully. I didn't care about being too loud but either way it didn't wake anyone. With their clothes and books strewn across the room I found no bag so I left unnoticed leaving a huge mess behind they will surely get in trouble when their mom sees heheh. No time to mess around, I head straight to Evan's apartment and lucky me the door opened when I turned the knob. I look in his room and find nothing, I leave his cabinets and drawers open and quickly rush to Andy's. This is when things got weird... His door was unlocked as well.. His parents awake cooking breakfast while he was up playing his new Sega genesis. I demand my bag and explanation about the previous night but he completely ignores me. I pull the plug on his game and he becomes confused and looks at the plug. He suddenly screams for his mom and I rush to the hallway which had a closet and hid inside. I hear him through the wall crying about his Sega. His parents plug it back in and shrug it off, going back to the kitchen. I return to Andy's room and call his name to no response. I scream and scream but no one responds but his little infant sister in the other room is crying. The parents rushed to comfort her. While they were occupied with the baby I grab Andy's controller and fling it across his room pulling his genesis down with it demanding he hand over my backpack. He begins crying and runs out of the room. I look under his bed and find my bag! I pick it up and run to the front door. I turn around and everyone is staring in disbelief, the mother drops the baby bottle on the floor, Andy immediately stops crying, his father turned pale. The parents then turn and ask Andy who's bag that is. He said it was his friend's bag, his friend who died yesterday from an asthma attack under the abandoned house.

Posted by u/GLITCHEDMATRIX