I passed out in an abandoned building and woke up in pitch black darkness

This story takes place back in the summer of 2008. I was 14 years old.

My friends and I used to spend a lot of time in these woods that were down the street from my house. In these wood was an abandoned three story building, that was once part of a junkyard. This was a fairly large sized building. The building itself was pretty creepy. Most of the windows were busted out, there was graffiti all over the past, severe water damage, black mould, roots and vines growing through the walls, etc. This place was truly rundown. And honestly, it probably wasn't all that safe to venture around in. There were certain portions of the second and third floor that couldn't even be entered because the floors were caving in.

My friends and I used to spend time in this building tagging all over the walls and getting drunk. It was literally out in the middle of nowhere. Throughout all the time that I spent there, aside from people in my social circle, I never once spotted another person in the area. This was a very secluded location. My friends and I pretty much had it all to ourselves.

I ended up spending a significant amount of time by myself in this building. My favourite spot was on the roof. Surprisingly, the roof seemed sturdy and safe. Me and my friends ended up creating a hangout spot of some sort on this roof. We put a couch up there. I used to spend hours on the roof listening to my MP3 player and getting drunk. It was a relaxing place to be.

On one typical day, I was by myself, and hanging out on the roof. I ended up getting a bit too drunk and passed out on the couch. It was sometime around 6:00pm. Hours went by, and by the time I woke back up, it was dark...pitch black. I couldn't see anything. Not a damn thing. Even when putting my hands in front of my face...nothing. All I could hear around me was the sound of crickets and the slight breezes of wind blowing through the trees. I was really freaked out. Of course, I knew where I was. But I also knew that finding my way out of the building was going to be a challenge. And not to mention the vast amount of woods I'd have to walk through.

At first, I was going to use my cellphone as a source of light, but the battery was completely dead. I had a crappy lighter that let off a weak flame, providing me with a pathetic amount of light. I was basically walking through this building blind. I couldn't see anything. All I could do was hold onto the walls, and use my photographic memory to guide me outside the building. It took me a while, but I eventually made it out the front door. But once I was outside, that's when the challenge really began. Yet again, I had to use my photographic memory, and just hope that I was heading in the right direction. These woods were massive, and I knew how easy it would be for me to get lost, and possibly head in an unknown direction.

I'd say at least 2 hours went by of me grabbing onto twigs and trees, and just hoping that I was moving in the right direction. I couldn't see a damn thing. But then, I ended up tripping over what I thought were rocks. Upon feeling out my surroundings, I suddenly realized that I was in an old graveyard that were in these woods, and what I was feeling was actually a tombstone. The good news to this was, that meant that I was getting closer to getting out of the woods. The bad news was...this meant that I walking blindly through a dark creepy graveyard. A graveyard that I always thought was haunted. I then started to get a really eerie feeling, as if something or someone was nearby. Of course, this could've just been my imagination and the thought of being in a dark graveyard. But still, it was a creepy moment.

After a while, I finally made it out of the woods. I was so relieved to see the street lights of my neighbourhood.

I know this may not have been a really scary story. But I wanted to share it anyway. It was a really weird experience.

Posted by u/strangegeneration94