Streams

So this happened a while ago, when I had no idea what was happening, when I was humble and small.My parents and I were taking a road trip down to Kentucky to see their many waterfalls. About a hour drive from my state something seemed off, I was tired and hungry so I went to sleep in the car and woke up in my cousins house. I've never met them before so this was my first time seeing them. I was pretty scared to meet new people but my parents made me socialize with them. I remember wanting to get the hell out of there, I didn't like it. After awhile of waking up and eating breakfast we all went down to a waterfall near their house, it's just a normal waterfall, very calming. But what I didn't know is that someone tried (and succeeded) to kill them self on the falls. There was crosses lining the fence they put up so nobody else would follow their footsteps. We packed a lunch to eat at the falls since they had a little picnic table. Halfway into my lunch I saw something, something that would change me permanently. I remember seeing the cross leaned up against the fence turn upside down, at that age I knew what that meant. Our dogs in the car started barking and whining, soon enough it happened again, it turned again. This time I saw it had scratches all over it, like someone took their fingernails and just started going to town on it. I quickly finished my lunch and raced to the car, nobody else saw it and I never spoke of it again.

Posted by u/charmandersalvodor