Haunted dreams

Something absolutely terrifying has been happening recently. Every night for the past week I've been having continuous dreams that I can't stop from happening. Usually I lucid dream, so I can control everything in the dream, but these I can only control myself, nothing and no one else.

I've known that there are things in my house for years, but now I think whatever this is, is coming into my dreams and tormenting me there, as I've told it to leave me alone and that it does not have permission to touch me anymore. I have not seen it for a while so I was beginning to think it finally left me alone, but I was wrong.

The dreams started short, not so bad, and easy to deal with. They then progressed into more terrifying, harder to deal with, and I'd wake up too horrified to move. I only fully remember the last few I've had. The first one I remember starts with me walking outside to feed my cat, when I saw the grey, misty figure walking in the field. It slowly turned as if to look at me, then after a few seconds it started running on all fours, but not fully running...limping almost, on it's deformed legs and arms. I ran as fast as I could, got inside and then fell, hysterically crying to my mother about the monster I had seen. She told me "there's nothing there sweetie" as if she didn't see me crying in terror. Once I finally stood up I turned to walk to my room, but when I got there, in the spot where my sister would be, there was a grey, bloody figure with its skin falling apart. It jumped off my bed and ran at me and then started cutting me with its knife like fingers. Then I woke up.

I feel everything in my dreams. I feel it when I'm being cut, scraped, burned, etc. It hurts but I can't control it and I sometimes even wake up still feeling it. The next dream I had last night. It started with me outside once again, I was walking around exploring. Then I heard the most shrill noise I've ever heard in my life, it was so loud it made my eyes water. I ran for my life to reach the door and then closed it and locked it. The outside which was once light, suddenly darkened into the most pitch black I've ever seen, then there it was, the grey figure walking back and fourth from window to window. As I stared at it I could not remove my eyes from the sight of its rotting skin. It stopped in front of the window directly in front of me, tilted its head and smiled with its decaying, yellow, shark like teeth. Then as quickly as it appeared it was gone, but then in the blink of an eye it was right in front of me. It made eye contact with me, I then heard that shrill noise one more time as it cut through my stomach with those knife like fingers. I felt every small cut, as I fell to the ground and crawled away with every small bit of life I had in me. As I did, it ripped away at my back and sides until I was eventually killed. I woke up too afraid to move for an hour, too terrified to fall back asleep.

I would end the story here since that's the last dream I've had, but there's one more thing I should say. Earlier I was walking to the room where I was killed in the dream last night, but as I turned on the light, I looked in the direction of the window on the door to the outside...and there I saw the back of that grey figure walking out of view.

Posted by u/don'tsayimyours