I saw something in France, I think it followed me home

I left to France in June 11th. I hugged my mom goodbye and went off into the airport, looking for my chaperone. After a long wait and meeting some of the people I would go to France with, we boarded the plane and headed there. We did your typical stuff you do with a tour guide. We visited monuments, took a lot of pictures and ate food, bought souvenirs. The first days were wonderful. I met some new friends as well. Kaycee was actually part of my group, and so was Angie, but I didn't really talk to her much. Me and Kaycee got along really well. We also became friends with another group from Texas. 2 girls, by the names of Ava and Ella, who were cousins. The 5 of us became our own little group. Me being the only male of the group was quite fun, the other boys at the trip were either quite nerdy or hung out with others. We went shopping and they even bought stuff for me, and gave me clothes to try on and dressed me up in ridiculous fashion. I loved the attention, being that I haven't really talked to a girl since I broke up with my girlfriend 3 months prior, and it was still fresh in my mind.

After a couple of days exploring Paris, our final day we visited a cemetery. Our tour guide tasked us with finding 2 graves of artists of some sort, so off we went. Kaycee and Ella went off to look for one, and left us for the other. Me and Ava along with Angie went to look somewhere else. The whole atmosphere of the place was quite relaxing, the birds chirped and there was tons of butterflies. I didn't bother to look for any random dead people, but rather appreciate the nature. Me and Ava just talked about school, work, life, you know, typical teenager crap. Ava and Angie walked off and I decided to go up ahead and hide behind a tombstone to scare them. I came out and they weren't there. "They've must of turned into a different direction" I thought. I back tracked and I began to realize, I was lost. I then saw on my left, and elderly women, sitting by a grave stone. Her sunken eyes looked like she hadn't slept in months, and her clothes looked filthy and tattered. Something was off about her. With out notice she turned her head in my direction, almost instantaneously. I got a bit nervous. "Bonjour" I say, but I don't think she heard. She just stared at me, and began to twitch. I didn't know what to do, so I began walking away slowly. I was walking backwards, and tripped on a root sticking out of the ground. I got up and the women stood as well. "Are you ok?" I asked, not knowing if she was able to understand English. She then slowly opened her mouth, but she never spoke. It kept getting bigger. "What the hell" I said and the old woman began to shriek in a voice no elderly person is even capable of making. She got on her hands and feet and started galloping towards me. I ran as fast as I could, leaping over fences and other peoples graves. I could still hear her shrieks behind me. It wasn't until I bumped into Ava and Angie that the ordeal was over. "What the fuck is wrong with you Nick?" Ava said to me. I was out of breath, dirty, and couldn't speak. "Im sorry" I said panting. How was I going to explain what the hell I just saw? I would be made fun of. I told her I got lost and started jogging. "Well watch yourself dork you could killed me" she said sarcastically.

I was on edge for the rest of the day. "You ok?" Asked Kaycee. "Yea, just tired, that's all" I replied. The thought of the ordeal slipped my mind and we all had dinner together. Me and Kaycee usually ordered a glass of wine together and all of us had a great time laughing. They being girls all wanted to know about my past relationships and such, and talked about relationship drama and other stuff teens usually talk about. We got back to our hotel and I was exhausted. I took a quick rinse and got ready for bed. "Yo could I use your shampoo? I'm all out." Jack said. Jack being the person I was sharing my hotel room with. "Sure" I replied. "Thanks" he said and shut the bathroom door. I put on some music and began to fall asleep. I felt myself drifting off as the music helped soothe me from the long day.

I woke up. Cold. Even with my blanket, I was shivering. I tried checking the time, but my phone was dead. I turned around and saw that Jack was gone. "He is probably in someone else's room" I thought. I plugged my phone in and began to fall back asleep, until I saw it, standing in the door to the bathroom. The women from the cemetery. The moonlight eliminated her wrinkly face. She twitched, and with each twitch you can hear her bones crack. Her breathing was raspy, and she just stared at me, blankly. I was absolutely terrified. She began opening her mouth, until the cheeks ripped. I bolted out of the room and slammed the door shut. I turned around and she was on all fours right down the hall way, I ran towards the elevator. The elevator door began to close and she tried putting her long boney fingers between them, but the door managed to shut. The elevator began making its way to the first floor, and it stopped. The lights went out. All I could see was the illuminated buttons on the panel. Then the door opened. It was pitch black on the other side. "What the fuck is happening to me? Why me? What did I do to deserve this?" My thoughts were then interrupted by the raspy breathing coming from the outside. I began pushing the close button, then punching it, praying to god it would close, I heard the foot steps, then running, then the sounds of shoes and hands hitting the floor. The elevator shut, and the lights turned on, but behind me was that fucking thing, and I screamed.