Never disturb the dead...

Five nights ago, I was at a party and my friend did something that he shouldn't have done...

We live in a small town and there is not much to do here for fun, so when my friend Max asked me to go to a party in an old abandoned house I was excited. I was never a party guy, I don't know why, but I would always feel strange when there was a bunch of people I didn't know around me. Like I said, for some reason I was excited this time and I told Max I will go with him. Max is my best friend, actually he is my only friend.

Max loves all the things I don't like. He loves parties, meeting new people, drinking, doing crazy stuff and sometimes even risky stuff...

That night, Max picked me up around 9:30PM, and we went to the party. On our way to the abandoned house I started feeling nervous and Max told me to chill out and that everything was going to be fine. We arrived at the party at 9:50PM, we got out of our car and went inside the house.

The house was huge, and there was a lot of people there. The music was loud and everybody was dancing and having fun. It seemed like Max knew everybody here, everyone was coming to him and talking to him for some reason. While Max was talking to some people I was standing in the corner of the room just trying to look normal. I was looking through the room trying to find at least one person that I knew, but I didn't know anyone. A couple of minutes later Max came and he handed me a beer, he knew I was nervous, so he told me that the beer will help and that it will loosen me, so I took his advice and for the first time in my life I was drinking alcohol.

Max was right, the beer really helped. I was having fun and I felt so good for some reason, so I continued drinking. Some time passed and I couldn't find Max, but this time I didn't care that I was alone around people I didn't know.

I started feeling dizzy, so I sat down on the couch in the corner of the room, I looked at my watch and It was 11:20PM. After some time Max approached me with two girls. For some reason he seemed really excited, so I asked him what was going on. He said that the girls told him that there was an old cemetery not far from here and that we are going to check it out. I immediately said NO, I was always scared of cemeteries because I really believe in ghosts and paranormal stuff. Max said that it will be fine and that we are going just to check it out. After some time arguing I agreed to go with them.

The cemetery was ten minutes of walking away. On our way there I started feeling really scared and like something bad is going to happen, so I asked Max to promise me that he won't do anything stupid there and that we are just going to walk around for a couple of minutes and then go home, and he did, he promised me.

We arrived at the cemetery. It looked really old and like no one was here for a long time. We started walking around. The girls and Max were laughing the whole time and talking about ghosts, I just stayed behind them and I didn't say anything. They started making fun of some names written on the gravestones and one of the girls climbed on one gravestone. I told her to get down and to show some respect.

"Oh, are you afraid of ghosts?" she asked me.

"No I'm not, but I believe that ghosts exist and you shouldn't do that kind of stuff here." I replied.

Both of the girls started laughing, I even saw Max trying to hide his smile.

"Here I'll show you that they don't exist!"

Then she started yelling.

"Hey, if someone was here show yourself, my friend here wants to talk to you! "

I told her to stop, but she didn't, now I was getting angry. I looked at Max and told him he promised me no funny stuff! He told the girl to stop and to get down immediately, and she did. Max knew that I was angry, so he said that we should go home.

On our way back to the cemetery gates, I didn't say a word to them and they seemed quiet. A couple of minutes passed and I started getting this feeling like someone was watching me. I turned around and I saw an old man looking at us, he was standing about 50 meters behind us. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I told Max to look at that direction. He said he doesn't see anything and that I'm probably just tired and that I'm imagining stuff. But I know what I saw.

We got to the house and it seemed like the party ended. Max and I got in our car and started driving back home. The whole drive I couldn't stop thinking about the man I saw in the cemetery. I asked Max again if he saw a man standing behind us in the cemetery and he swore that he didn't see anything. Max dropped me off at my house and I went to sleep. That night I had a nightmare about that man standing in the middle of the road and screaming at a car.

The next day, when I woke up, I looked at my phone and I had ten missed calls from Max. I called him back and asked him what was wrong, he told me that the two girls that were with us in the cemetery, died last night in a car accident. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. That night, I had a dream of the same man screaming at a fireman.

The scary thing is that the only person that I know is a fireman, is me...

Victor Gray

Posted by u/ljustura