Grandma's old house

So a few months ago my Grandma was putting her old house on the market. She had lived in it from when I was 3 to 9 years old, and I have quite a few memories from the place. There was always cold, and distant feeling in that house. I would always feel as though someone was watching while I played, when everyone would be in the other rooms. For the past 11 years the house has been rented out to various people though my grandma. No one ever stayed very long. She finally decided to sell the house and, asks my dad to do some repairs on it. Ex:Fixing up the yard, new faucets, painting everything. My dad would come home everyday, feeling like someone was messing with him. He'd be painting and his brush would be moved, or he'd hear whispering when he's the only one there, just little things. My whole family thought he was going crazy. But of course all my friends wanted to investigate. My Dad and Grandma both agreed to let us sleep over there one night. We got there right when it started to get dark, and were so excited. A huge 2 story house for 4 teenagers. Things started happening pretty quickly. A cup rolled off the counter in the kitchen, with all of us in the living room. The upstairs toilet was making noise in the water, which didn't work at the time. The doors to the pantry were rattling. My friends just kept brushing everything off, and thinking one is us set it up. None of them knee I had borrowed my dad's gopros, and set them up in four different rooms. No one was going to mess with me without my knowledge. At around 11 we got pizza, and smoked a little of the devil's lettuce. One of our friends stayed sober the entire time. I'm going to preface this by saying, DONT F*CK WITH OUJI BOARDS. Of course we messed with one, we were stupid. To set it all up we lit candles, sat in the center of the house, all turned our electronics off and put them in the garage. We greeted the board, and starting asking yes or no questions. Is there anyone here? Yes Have you been here long? Yes Do you like talking to us? Yes Have you been here since I was young? It took a few seconds and then it slides to yes. Are you alone? No answer Do you wish to harm us? A strong swirl around the maybe. We stopped after that and said goodbye. All of us were a little scared but shook it off. There was a closet int he master bedroom big enough for the non sober ones of us to sit in and smoke, while the other one sat on the other side of the door and still talked to us. Our friend told us she'd be right back, she was getting a drink. After a few minutes we laughed about how scary it would be if a hand just reached underneath the doorway. The second that thought came out the doorknob violently jiggled. For 30 seconds we were scared so bad, and then our friend cackled from the other side telling us to calm down, and to not get scared so easily. Calm. Laughter was erupting from us for the next thirty minutes. Suddenly the door knob is jiggling again, and we told our friend she was funny, but to stop. She started pounding on the door to let us in, and we heard loud heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. That door was ripped open, friend came in, and locked in a matter of seconds. We all sat in the dark for 2 minutes in silence, just listening.
My most outgoing friend quickly thought up that if someone's actually here, we should go apprehend them before they find us. The four of us bumbled out of the closet in search of our intruder. We found absolutely no one. All of the doors were still locked, and nothing had been moved. In this huge house, we all slept in one room, with the door locked, and a chair under the doorknob. Nothing else happened that night, and we saged the house in the morning. Just as I'd thought, the gopros showed no one coming in up the stairs but the noise was indistinguishable. I'm never going back to that house.

Posted by u/catsandvaping