The Woods Out Back

I lived in a house in the middle of the woods from about age 6 to age 18. Now this is gonna be a shorter story, but I hope y'all enjoy.

So these woods, they were different. The property history online currently says that the house was fairly new when I moved in, and that nobody died on the property or anything.

When I was a kid, I liked to explore the woods. One day I found this huge burnt pile of rubble, like, from a house. (Which I later find out the house was crazier than I thought).

So I told my dad about the burnt rubble, and he just looked at me and didn't believe me. So we went to look, and oddly enough, it was gone. So he laughed and we went back to our house.

Now I went back in the woods several times and I didn't see the rubble again, for awhile. These woods were odd because instead of smelling the trees and such, you'd smell the smell of burning wood.

You'd see smoke in the air occasionally. You'd feel the heat of fire in the dead of winter, where there's no fire present.

Now this next part gets weird. Now I mentioned in one of my earlier stories that I saw shadow people and stuff. There is a creek that ran through these woods, and close to where the rubble used to be/ was, there was this large part of the creek covered in rocks. One day me and my friend decided to move rocks around and try and build forts in the creek. While we were moving the rocks, we found a hole, not big enough to fit through but big enough to see down into.

Under the creek, in the hole, was what looked like a really old basement. All I could see was a wet, concrete basement, with and old rusty metal door on one end of the room.

All I could think was what happened here, what was this house and how old was it before whatever burned it down. I wondered if people died here and if that's why I saw shadow people. Something happened there but I couldn't find out what.

Anyways, thanks for listening, tell me what you think in the comments below, and have a great day.

Posted by u/bac_9060