True story: Unknown Creature

A couple nights ago I was driving back home around sunset. I live in a rural area where it's mostly farm fields and woodland. It was getting to be dark out so I turned on my headlights as I turned down the narrow road leading to my neighbourhood. The road can barely fit two cars, and there's ditches that are about chest deep on each side. The road is lined with a thick row of pine trees, during the day the tops of the trees block any light from coming through.

As I'm driving down the road I can see something to the left moving in the woods. Assuming it's a deer I slow down so it can cross the road, but what I saw was something unexplainable. An animal/creature came onto the road making long stiff strides. It stood on four legs and it was dark in colour, it stood about 3 feet off the ground. What shocked me was that this thing had no head it was just a stiff body striding across the road. I was confused and I just stopped my car and stared at it while it took a long stride to avoid the deep ditch beside the road. It continued to keep a steady pace and it disappeared out my sight.

I got plenty of sleep the night before so I know I wasn't hallucinating. I see lots of animals around my area, foxes, coyotes, deer, but I never saw something like that before. Just looking at it, it didn't look dangerous and I didn't feel scared but just seeing something like that was interesting to say the least.

Posted by u/K_rose315