It wasnt my sister in the kitchen that night

When I was younger I had a problem of always staying up until 2am every other night watching TV shows and movies while eating a bunch of snacks. One day when i was 17 I stayed up all night watching the movie Spider-Man on my TV in my room and I happened to hear tapping from the back door. In case your wondering, my room Is right next to the living room next to the front side of the house and my back door is on the other side of the house. I was laying down on my bed and thought It was probably some stick or something. Then I heard what sounded like a knock. The knock wasn't so loud. It wasn't loud enough to wake anyone up but it was loud enough to get someone's attention. Again I assumed it was something hitting the door and I turned off the tv and closed my eyes. I assumed that I was just hearing noises and it was time to go to bed. I was in that sleepy state where you fade in and out of continuous. I looked back at the clock and saw that some time passed. I started closing my eyes again until I heard the sound of pressure on the floor board in my kitchen. That did not sound like a normal house noise. My parents were sleeping, my little brothers were in their room sleeping as well and my older sister wasn't suppose to be home tonight. It went from floor board pressure, to loud noises of someone looking through cabinets. I thought that maybe my sisters plans changed, so I texted her saying "Please make a little less noise, I can hear you all the way from my room". I was still a little scared and took my pocket knife that I leave in my drawers next to my bed. My sister texted me back 30 seconds later saying "I'm sleeping over my friends house". I felt like my heart was in my throat when I read that. Who else could've been making noise in the kitchen? I took my pocket knife in my hand and got up slowly to go to the kitchen. As I was walking to the kitchen I realized the noises had ceased. I started calming down and walking more freely until I got to the kitchen and saw a black figure staring straight back at me. I was terrified. So much so that I couldn't even let out a scream. I just stood there paralyzed watching this man stared at me. Words couldn't even describe what I felt at that point. He put his hands down to the floor and started charging at me on his hands and feet in a demonic type of way, while making demon sounds with his mouth. I finally snapped out of it, took out the knife and yelled "if you dare touch my I'll cut your damn face off!" He looked up at the knife and stared for a while. He then slowly started getting up and just stared at me, or towards me, I couldn't tell because it was pretty dark. As he looked at me he said one thing. "I'm gonna love coming back here to finish you and your family off". That pissed me off. I chased him with the knife all the way to the back door. My dad heard my screams and ran downstairs and saw him climbing over the fence and run away from the living room windows. That was it. Nothing ever happened after this but I did suffer from paranoia and depression for a couple of months. I even had to go to therapy for a while. But I know that if that man ever came back today I would be ready with my knife in my hand to do what had to be done. This experience also helped me decide to make a YouTube channel dedicated to telling horror stories and creepypastas. 

Posted by u/Jimmy_johnson99