Missing fisherman, noises at night, and meth heads

I was working security on a construction site on the far side of this lake. All my shifts were graveyard so I had gotten used to not seeing the light for a few months. This side of the lake is very dangerous due to people dropping bodies off and fisherman drowning. This is on a Native American Reservation and during this particular time we only had two policeman working the whole reservation and after 10pm you have to fend for yourself. But one week in particular is want I want to tell you about as it involved missing fisherman, noises at night, and a meth head co worker.

The start of the week was very strange as their was a small storm and all the boats were urged to get off the water, one boat however did not make it back and two fisherman went missing. As security we make our rounds around the site and were told to be on the look out for their bodies. So every time I made my hourly rounds I went to the water with my binoculars, flashlight, and looked for the bodies of these fisherman. I wanted to find them so the family could have some closure but at the same time if I did I would most likely have to bring them to shore by myself as they could drift away. The next night I decided to go a little further than I usually do and shined my light in the water. After looking for a few minutes I heard a mountain lion scream and I turned around quickly shiny my light. After a minute I saw greenish eyes in the distance and then a splash from the water. At this instant everything got dead quiet and the only thing I could hear was my breath and heartbeat. I backed to my truck taking my knife out ready to fight for my life. I made it to my truck and went back to the site safely. The next night one of my co workers showed up on the site in a company vehicle and just sat there all night and leaving at approximately 6am. I took note of this as he was a recovering meth addict and I had a feeling he was using again. The night after that he parked inside of the site and came into our security trailer. I tried to strike up a conversation with him but he was preoccupied with this game on his tablet. I took note of this in our security log and around 3am he walked to the nearest town which was about 7 miles away leaving his truck and the company vehicle at the site. In the morning they found out the company vehicle wasn't running and later found out someone had put water into the gas tank. So later that day they called me in to report about it and I tried to show them the security logs but all my entries had been ripped out. So the only thing I could do was give an oral report.

That night at around 2am or so my co worker showed up with his girlfriend and they just sat in a car overlooking the site. I knew it was them as I recognized the car and I could see they were smoking in the darkness. Before I had left for work my supervisor messaged me and said to be careful if that co worker came to the site that night. Tbh I didn't have much going for me so I came to work ready for a fight and had a couple knives, steel toe boots, and my dad's 12 gauge in the car. So if he wanted to fight I was ready. At around 3am they pulled to the entrance of the site and I walked up to them blinding them with my light. I played it off as a joke and had them laughing for a bit but I could smell this sweet chemical smell and could tell they were hiding something. After a minute his girlfriend (who was driving) started to get mad that I had sabotaged her man's company truck. I however did not and defended myself. After awhile she got mad and they both got out of the car looking for a fight. I was able to talk and calm them down before they attacked me tho and I escorted them off the site. The next day they fired him and police escorted him off the site as he was carrying a machete around.

That night they showed up again but I did not engage them, I just made note and watched them until they left. That was the last time I ever saw them and I have no idea where they are today. But the thing that scared me the most was the thought of when my grandma gets the news that I was killed by some meth heads on the lake of our ancestors. The thought of how sad she would be.

Posted by u/nokwsi