I Don't Sleep in my Sister's Bedroom Anymore

This is gonna be the first story I've ever posted on the Internet. It's completely true, I hope you like it! (:

When I was around 11 or 12, I would sleep in my older sister's room all the time. She had moved away to college at this point and the room was empty and always clean. It was a nice escape whenever my room was too hot or cluttered to sleep in. Her room had a large, creaky bed and laid on a huge, rose detailed bed frame. The whole room has accents of pink, peeling wallpaper, and an old mirror hung on the back of the door which faced the bed. The door was old, solid wood. It was weighed down by the mirror and always remaining shut, since it could never stay open on it's own.

One night, I decided to sleep in my sisters room, since mine was way too messy to feel comfortable in. It was around 12am and I was still wide awake. The room was completely dark except for my phone illuminating the room as I watched youtube. I was laying on my side, facing away from the closed door. I suddenly got an extremely eerie feeling, as if someone was watching me. I decided to switch the sides I was laying on and brush off any suspicion. As I turned my face to the door I saw it was wide open, and standing in the doorway was a human, child like figure. I couldn't make out a face, but I could see the silhouette almost perfectly. I could tell it was staring right at me.

I shut my eyes as hard as I could and turned my head to the wall opposite of the door. I remember praying and reciting as many Bible verses as I could muster up. After a few minutes of silence and the feeling of sheer terror, I finally decided to peek my head back towards the door, ready to face my death. To my surprise, the door was latched shut as always, and the figure had disappeared. I still have no idea how I fell asleep that night.

The next morning, I walked downstairs for some breakfast and overheard my mom telling my dad that she had a dream about a little boy watching her sleep last night.

Posted by u/alligator1999