I grew up in a country house. Weird things happened there all the time

The house was very large and was on several acres of land. We lived near on old graveyard, if that is important at all. We lived right by lake Whitney in Texas. So pretty isolated. My father and my siblings were all out of town for some event so it was just me and my mom in the house. I had just broke my arm so my mother allowed me to sleep in her bedroom. While we were sleeping my small dog started freaking out and scratching on the outside of the closed bedroom door. This isn't the first time so at first we just ignored him. It was around 3am so neither of us wanted to get up. This kept going on for a while until we finally decided to just let him in. When we got up to let him in we heard him scamper off away from the door and didn't care to chase after him. So we went back to sleep. Then he started scratching at the door again, really vigorously. It seemed like he was really freaking out about something. Again, we tried to let him in, but he ran off before we got to the door. At this point we're getting really annoyed and the door has been super scratched up from his digging. We figured if he was freaking out badly enough to shred the door as badly as he did something might be wrong with him. So my mother and I, feeling fed up, go out into the house to find him. I believe her exact words were "I'm gonna go get Pax and bring him into this damn room so he calms down". But when we found him he was locked into his kennel. Not just locked but zip tied in (he used to escape so we started tying his kennel at night). This really freaked my mom out, and when we looked at the door with the lights on we realized how deep these scratches really were. Later, after we were done freaking out and had gone back to bed, the scratching started again. It's almost morning at this point. I woke up before my mom did watching the door shake from the scratching. The scratching stopped again. I'm almost crying trying to wake my mom up. Then from outside the door I hear the most guttural fucking sketchy screaming I've ever heard in my life. And then one final wham on the door. That woke my mom up. No idea how to explain that. Just possessed raccoons hopefully.
Still to this day we can't figure out what was digging on the door. All doors and windows were locked, we had outdoor cameras and one in the room we kept the dog in. Nothing showed up on camera and it never happened again.

Posted by u/DragonsAreNifty