1 friend is better than none...

When I was about 6 or 7 years old I had a friend who had an imaginary friend named Benjamin.

Growing up I never had an imaginary friend as I had an amount of friends since birth, my uncles and grandparents at a young age up until kindergarten.

One day we were playing outside I believe, and he said out of nowhere "do you know Benjamin?"

I said no and asked who he was.

He said that he was his friend and people usually don't see him. He told me that "he doesn't like you and didn't want me talking to you, I told him that's ridiculous and I show you to him so he could see why your not bad." I was 2 years older than him and thought this was cute so I said I would meet him.

I said "hi Benjamin"

He told "Benjamin" not to talk like that and be nice. He later told me he said to shut up and die.

Of course now the "cuteness" of it faded away just then and there.

The next day I went to go see him and his mom said he doesn't want to hang out with me anymore.

I asked why and she said she didn't know. She said she would go get him so he can tell you why.

When he came down he had horror on his face at the sight of me. He reluctantly came down and told me Benjamin doesn't want me playing with you.

I asked why and he said "because I can only have one friend, Benjamin." He then slammed the door shut and I left shocked.

Fast forward a year, I saw him walking on the street with his mom and I said hi. He said nothing and kept walking.

I then felt a hand that felt like it weighed 20 pounds grasp my shoulder and a whisper saying "I'm his only friend, all other friends die in their sleep"

I started running as fast as I could back home and couldn't sleep for days.

(To clarify this is all fake and I understand I spelt friend wrong. Idk why I spelt it like that lol)

Posted by u/colenol_green42