A short story, but one I can't forget

It was late at night and I had just finished taking a shower. I had put on my boxers and was heading to my moms room which is where we store our clothes. Her closets bigger than mine and my brothers so she uses the one in our room. Anyways, the entire house was dark and as I was heading to my moms room I bumped into my brother who had just left his room, and i heard snoring from across the hallway that leads into our living room. My brother and i guessed that it was our mom and she fell asleep on the couch watching a movie or something. Still being curious we both went towards the couch and the snoring got louder and louder. We put two and two together and agreed on the idea it was our mom and we left. I finally went inside my moms room to get my clothes when all of a sudden, i could see her figure sleeping on the bed. My first thoughts were "if she's in here, then what the hells over there?" My dad had still been at work so it wasn't him at all. I got my shirt and headed into the hallway but before that I told my brother about what had happened. He wanted to figure out what it was as well so we looked together. We looked down the hallway that lead to the living room and we saw this dark figure walk across heading to the left which leads to nothing besides a door that takes us into the backyard. We looked at each other and asked the same question "Did you see that?" I turned on the light and slowly walked down the hallway and checked everything and no one was to be seen. We were both really excited and kinda worried that we had just seen a ghost for the first time and that no one could tell us otherwise because we both saw it. Its been a while but i can never forget the story and i think its a pretty cool but creepy one.

Posted by u/XavierPS4