One Night in my Living Room

It was a normal day. I was watching tv and playing video games in the upstairs living room of my house. Nothing felt wrong and I was having a pretty good time. Soon it was the evening so it was starting to get dark.

Just a quick back story so this makes a little more sense. My dad had us move around a lot for work, so we had a few houses. Now in every house, there were always shadows, nightmares, feelings of presences and that kind of stuff. So naturally, we all (except for my father) believe whatever is with us, has been following us everywhere we go. My dad is a skeptic so he needs proof, but we don't have any. However multiple people who have stayed the night have experienced something. Those are stories for another time.

Anyway back to the original story. This shakes me to the core because there was something about it that made me feel so terrified and unable to do anything. It was dark outside so I figured it was really late (I played Skyrim for hours). I soon got bored with the game and decided to turn the tv off and try to sleep. Keep in mind there's a stairwell connected to a hall with the bedrooms. Meaning there's a wall about 2 feet wide in between the hall and staircase. I fall asleep for a while. But I wake up around 3 in the morning which is weird. Just wide awake. There's a little night light next to the laundry room door. For some reason I got the urge to look towards the staircase. I saw a black mass so I leaned forward to get a clearer look. Big mistake. There was a shadow-man looking thing, that was so tall. It's head was almost touching the ceiling. I, now completely scared, flip my whole body around on the couch leaving my back towards whatever it was. I was in shock, and my foot was hanging off the couch. I was too scared to move. I force my eyes shut and pray (I'm not religious but I figured it might help). It's dead silent now, but I can hear my heart beating so fast. All of a sudden, I hear faint walking on the carpet. I continue praying but it didn't seem to be doing anything. The walking stops, but the area around my foot got so cold. You might be wondering why I didn't shove my foot under the blanket. Well I was too. I was to afraid to move. Just then, I feel the presence behind me and I feel a slight swipe on the bottom of my foot. As if someone slid their finger across the bottom of my foot. I continue praying and somehow I fell asleep. I don't k ow how I did. But every now and then, I think to myself, if it can physically touch me, what else can it do.

Posted by u/Peyton2209