The Shovel man , an actual true story

I'm gonna tell you guys about a night my friends and I were at a park and some scary guy approached us and had other motives and was probably the scariest thing to happen to me and my friends. Sorry if it's long imma try and keep it short but it's worth the read because this is a true story and scary.

Lil backstory So it was last year and I'm posting this now cuz I'm fairly new to reddit. So last year my friends and I wanted to get drunk and smoke a lil bit like usual and we went to my buddies house to do so. We got bored of drinking inside and wanted to smoke, so we went to the neighbourhood park which you can see from my buddies house. *We always had gone there to hangout or smoke when we didn't have anywhere else to go but haven't been back since this happened.

We were chillin , drinking and had just got done smoking under this pavilion and we were just chatting at the picnic tables and keep in mind there is about 11 of us , girls and guys. We had been there for probably 30 minutes and I see someone, far away walking down the cul-de-sac walking toward the park. This pavilion and picnic tables were a part of the park and this park is attached to a long pathway that connects to the sidewalk of the neighbourhood and cul de sac. This long pathways leads right to where we were at the picnic tables. (Probably a 3 minute walk ). We were drunk but not like belligerent and I'm the type of person to always be aware of my surroundings cuz I seen too many movies where shit hit the fan and I always want to make sure I'm safe or have a escape plan but this time none of us were ready for what was about to happen.

Now into the actual scariness

I saw some man walking down the street but didn't think nothing of it until he started walking down the pathway that leads to where we were. I say to my friends " someone is walking towards us , do u think we should leave " and all my friends were like " nah nah probably a night walker ". He proceeds down the pathway a little and I see he is holding something and it looked to me like a shovel. I say to my friends again " guys he still walking down the path and it looks like he has a shovel " and they think I'm joking because I can be a jokester but this was no joke and I was getting nervous. Another of my friend goes " probably just a fisher " because there is a large pond right next to the park. It didn't look like fishing gear to me but they were all so nonchalant about what was going on made my nervousness go down a little but I was still scared. At this point they all see him and he is getting closer probably half way down the path if not a little more closer. This is when my friends take into account I was being for real and wtf is about to happen and even a couple of my friends at this point said they see the shovel and I can sense the nervousness in all of us because we were drunk and just didn't know what to do.

This strange man keeps walking down the path and right at the end of the path probably 150 feet away maybe a little less he drops his shovel down to the concrete and starts scraping it on the ground. He then hits the fence of the pathway with his shovel and I swear on my life he says in a deep voice" you guys wanna have some fun?" As he is walking towards the pavilion now.

At that point 8 of us got up and ran the other direction. We had to hop this fence and cut through a couple houses to make it to the street. 3 of my friends stayed back thinking all 11 of us could take on this mad man. The 3 buddies of mine quickly learned this guy has a shovel and maybe more weapons on him and that all of us other friends dipped so they dipped too 30 seconds after us. One of my friends jarrod actually got tired of running and couldn't keep up and ended up getting lost and in someone's backyard and threw up( was drunk ). Everyone met up in the street and we were trying to get the girls back to my buddies house but keep in mind we went the opposite direction of his house because the shovel man was in the way of the path back to his house.

We met back in the street and had to walk past 2 cul de sacs to get back to his house but my buddy who got lost, Jarrod , it was his house we were going to and we needed the key but also we were more worried about him getting killed my shovel man we called him and told him we were in the street and he found us pretty quick. At this point we all were running for a second and took a second to breathe and we see shovel man 250 feet down the street still following us and I swear he had shovel in one hand holding it so it's resting on his shoulder and in the other hand he was waving a gun at us. My buddy jarrod yelled " man what do you want? We left the park just leave us alone ." And the shovel man yelled back " why don't you guys come closer? Why are you so far away?" This is when we started running again and I forgot to say but before shovel man appeared again my buddy Jakob ran back to the house to get my other buddies car so we could get the girls to safety cuz they couldn't really keep up with all the running. So we run down the street for a minute or two and look back and don't see shovel man anymore so we kinda get frantic cuz last time he just appeared out of no where in between a couple houses but luckily Jakob comes back to us with the car and drops the girls off at the house with jarrod and then comes back to get us and we go looking for this shovel man cuz now we can run the mf over with a damn car and my buddy Logan has a pistol in his car so we were ready to see him , we couldn't find him and my buddy jarrod was scared and asked us all to leave because with all our cars there , shovelman could've easily found out where we were.

As we are leaving someone said they saw shovel man behind jarrods house and a couple of my buddies ran back there to see if he was there still but he was gone. To this day I think about that night and every time I go back to his house I hope to see that shovel man again so I can run his ass over.

Thanks if u read the whole story and once again this is 100% real and not exaggerated. Honestly wish it was fake cuz it was pretty terrifying in the moment. Copyright so no one can steal this story and make it into a true story horror movie movie haha. 

And sorry again I didn't mean to make it this long, just wanted to make sure u guys understand and that I got in every detail but only takes a couple minutes to read.

Posted by u/Notak_bo