A True Story That May Prove Some Form of Afterlife...

Just to clarify I have absolutely no memory of this event occurring but my mum swears it's true and I have zero reason not to believe her.

I was I think around 7 at the time (As of now I'm 18) and my Great Grand dad had passed away, truth be told I wasn't ever really that close to him from what I can remember, mostly due to how shy I was.

And a period of time passes, probably no longer then a month and my mum is downstairs in the morning doing whatever it is she would have been doing when I say.

"Grand dad Spike visited me last night."

Obviously she's caught off guard and assumes I had been dreaming but asks me what happened anyway, I tell her.

"He says that Heaven is really nice but he's a little bit upset because he doesn't have his glasses."

(Its worth mentioning that me and my parents aren't religious. We don't pray or go to church or anything.)

So my mum is still just shrugging this off as a dream I had, but after a few days she goes and pays Great Nana Mary a visit (Grand dad Spikes wife) and just casually brings up everything I tell her, expecting her to find it comforting to know I had dream about him.

My mum was not expecting to find out that Nana had forgotten to put his glasses in his coffin when he was buried and was embarrassed about it and never told anyone.

How I managed to come across said information is beyond me but if it's a coincidence then it's definitely a wild one.

Posted by u/MinorityManipulator