Quitting my job

I've been studying at the University of Chicago for the past two years and to get by I've been working part time as a pizza delivery guy.Ive seen some pretty weird stuff during the two years as being a pizza delivery guy but what happened 3 months ago has creeped me out more than anything else I've ever seen.

I had been closing up for the night when the phone had rang.I went to answer and tell them we were closed,but when I answered I heard shouting and screaming.Assuming this was a party and I'd get a nice tip I took the orders.Strangely the person on the phone only ordered one pizza and one drink,but sadly I couldn't now tell them we were closed.They told me the address and I sighed because the house was more than an hour away.Still I made the pizza and started driving towards the house.

When I arrived at the house things got even stranger,it was a small dilapidated house surrounded by woodland.I got out of my car and knocked on the door and no one answered,so I knocked again.I waited for about two minutes until eventually someone answered,it was an old woman,this calmed me down because what harm could an old woman do.

What happened next still scares me 3 months later,a spine curdling scream echoed from below in the basement.I didn't wait to ask what that was,I ran towards my car only to find the wheels had been slashed.A tall man barrelled towards me out of the forest holding a meat cleaver.Thankfully I had always been quick so I managed to escape and run into the forest, I kept running until I could no longer see the lights from the house.Then I lied down and dialled 911.I waited there for what felt like days but was actually only an hour,then I heard the sirens.I ran towards them and told them everything.The woman and man had already fled and in the basement of the house a woman had been found.Turns out she had been kidnapped three days ago.

It's been three months and I've finally managed to find a new job working in a 7-Eleven.I still wonder what would've happened to me if I hadn't heard that scream that saved my life.

Posted by u/Patrick-Runane