something went wrong with my care taker, i was only seven at the time

When i was about 7 or 8, i had a care taker or babysitter called Emily...i'm keeping her last name a secret for security purposes. She was always a very cheerful person and i grew to like her like one of my family members.

I think it was mid October when things started to get a little weird.... one day, my mom was grocery shopping and my dad was at work...Emily was left to take care of my little brother and I so we decided that we'd go outside and play catch. We had been passing the ball in a triangle type of thing when i caught the ball and passed it in Emily's direction without second thought. But she didn't catch it.... instead, she stared up into the sky, whispering something i couldn't quite make out; the ball that i had passed, hit her in the face and her reaction was as if she had "woken up" from something... i asked her if everything was okay but she just brushed it off. About a week later, my mom was in the kitchen, cooking and i was watching TV in the lounge when Emily walked up to my mom... she said that she needed to go home (she was a live-in care taker from another state) and that she wasn't 'feeling right'. now i must tell you, ever since the ball incident, she tried to play it cool but i could tell, something just didn't.....sit right.... with her. My mom told her that it wouldn't hurt to stay a few more weeks, she was going on holiday in 3 weeks anyways so it would be fine to wait some time. My care taker looked at my mom weirdly but agreed anyways....now this is when things got scary.

It was a Wednesday and my mom had a meeting that ended at 10pm, my dad was in a different country for work and my brother and i were left with Emily until my mom got back. Emily had been acting weird the entire night and was a lot quieter than usual but i didn't think much of it as she had been acting this way all week. Soon, my mom came home and she told Emily that she could go to her room. Emily's room is located outside our house, next to the garage but still in the security gate. Whenever my dad would travel, my brother and i would sleep in my moms room, he was only five and i was seven. We all went to bed, but it was at about 3am when the house alarm sounded.

My mom woke up and unlocked our room door to go into the camera room with all the footage of out house was...she didn't see anything unusual so she reset the alarm and went back to bed...about three minutes later, the alarm went off again and my mom went to the camera room to reset it again, thinking that it was probably just the wind setting the alarm on (the winds get very strong in South Africa) so my mom went back to bed but almost a minute later the alarm set off again, but this time it followed with a knock at our door. My mom when to put the alarm off and went to answer the door. When she opened the door she saw a security guard there...he told her to go outside with him bcos he wanted to show her something, of course my mother refused and said that she wasn't going to leave her sleeping children in the house... the security told her to lock my brother and i in the safe room and then told her to go outside with him to see something. when my mom went into my front yard with him, she saw my Care taker standing in the middle of the area with a white sheet over her head. The guard told my mom to try and get the sheet of but my mom refused to even go near Emily. My mom couldn't call my dad since he was in a different country so she called one of our old family friends. By the time she was done with that, Emily had started running around our porch like her pants were on fire, there was also another guard who seemed to be trying to... cast a demon out of her?

My mom ran to Emily's bedroom, where she found her entire bed had turned upside down... my mom found Emily's phone book and found Emily's pastors number. my mom quickly dialled the number and an older man picked up but he ended the call as soon as my mom mentioned Emily's name. In the end, they forced Emily out of my house, despite her yells and the last i heard, she was sent to a mental hospital on the outskirts of South Africa.

I am now fourteen and living in Dubai, i still don't really know exactly what happened or why it happened.... and honestly, i don't want to know. We moved soon after she left and everything is back to normal now....

Posted by u/ cadencejade22