The time I almost died in a car crash (True Story)

Hi this is my first time on this sub and I wanna share this story. It may not qualify as "scary" but it's a personal thing that happened to me and it's honestly scarred me for life. So way back in elementary school my mom would always take me and drop me off at school. I always sat behind the drivers seat, for some reason it was just the seat I'd always sit on. Anyways one day I woke up for school and I decided to sit behind the passenger seat. No reason I just sat there that day and I didn't even think about it. We got in the car and began to drive to school, we were getting to this road (idk what to call it) it's this kind of road where there's no light, and we have to wait for cars to pass before we could make our turn. So we waited made our turn. But we didn't see a car speeding right towards us from the left, it hit directly on the left side where I always sat as a child. All I can remember is myself sitting straight up with my hands holding the passenger seat and my face in total shock as our car was spinning out of control. As soon as it stopped I felt my pain and immediately started crying. My mom suffered little to no injuries, only opening up stitches on her nipple. But as for me, I had bruises all over my body and I could barely get up and walk. I look to my left and see that the whole left side of the car was totally crushed and destroyed aside from the driver seat. If I had sat there that day, I could have been seriously hurt or even dead. My mom and I were extremely lucky that day. I'm 18 now and I'm still terrified of driving because I don't wanna deal with that experience ever again. Plus I live in Miami where there's always traffic, and crazy drivers everywhere. So yeah the moral of the story is, I guess be careful when driving.

Posted by u/NoObSRoCk341