I think I'm in Love. I'm completely in LOVE, and I don't care who knows it

I think I'm in love. Like, I'm really, actually, head over heels, in love. I'm talking capital "L" kind of love. The kind of love that keeps you up at night and makes your entire world stop turning. The kind of love that makes you go a little crazy, but in all the right ways. That kind of love.
I know, I know. This is really clichéd, but please hear me out. I never thought anyone could love me before, but I was wrong. There really is someone out there for everyone. If you've ever felt like nobody could fall in love with you, or that you weren't good enough, trust me, you're wrong.
We first met at a party, and I knew right away that he was the one for me. It was a busy party, with lots of people, and loud music, but when we locked eyes with each other it was like nobody else in the entire world mattered. My friend introduced us, and we hit it off immediately.
I remember feeling terribly nervous talking to him for the first time. He was so calm and cool, and I was afraid I would screw it all up. I thought he might think I was weird or awkward or something, but he didn't seem to care. I kept thinking that he would get bored of me and move on to some other prettier girl, but to my amazement, he seemed to really like me.
Maybe it was just the beer talking, or maybe I was a little smitten, but everything he said seemed completely hilarious. From the minute he set his drink down next to me, I don't think I stopped laughing the entire night. On more than one occasion, I had to stop myself from blushing, and when he touched my hand? Well, I sure hope somebody brought a mop, because I think I melted all over the floor.
Have you ever been so attracted to somebody that you can't think of a single word to say back to them? Like, all you want to do is just say something incredibly clever or smooth or anything at all really, but then nothing comes out. That was me.
When he asked for my number, I didn't know what to say. It was like my brain completely short circuited, and I lost everything inside my head. Luckily, he took the phone out of my hand and texted himself with it so I wouldn't have to. My knight in shining armor.
And still, despite all of my shortcomings, all of my awkwardness, and all of my quirks, the spark was still there between us. We both felt it.
Ah, I thought, so this is what love feels like.
I love everything about him.
I love the way his hair, black and wavy, curls over his forehead.
I love how blue his eyes are, like tiny circular oceans.
I love the little patches of hair on his chest. Not too much, not too little, but just the right amount.
I love how strong his shoulders are, and how safe they make me feel.
I love how warm his skin feels when I wear it.

Posted by u/ ktMcSqueezy