Grandma's House

When I was about fourteen I had to visit my grandma's farm house while my mom was in the hospital. My dad had to stay with my mom so I dad to stay with my grandmother. I never really liked staying with my grandmother because she wouldn't let me go outside alone. I never really understood why. She would never tell me.

The first night I stayed with her everything seemed normal. Weird cat statues, two cats, my grandpa's photo above the fireplace, and the smell of old candy and mothballs hung in the air. My grandmother told me I would be staying in the guest bedroom so yeah normal. We eat dinner because how late I got there, and then I went to bed.

The second day my grandmother made us potato pancakes and bacon. I she told me I could play around the house as long as I don't wonder off into the woods near her house. I told her okay, an walked outside. It felt a little weird because like I said before she didn't normally let me play outside by myself. I was walking around her house thinking about what I could do when I noticed the tree next to her house. It was a Weeping Willow that was halfway between her house and the woods. Tied to one of the branches was an old looking swing. It kinda was giving me a creepy vibe so I went inside.

I decided to read a little until it was time for lunch. When lunch came around I asked my grandmother about the swing, and she stared at me. "What about it?" She would ask me, and I told her the last time I was here it wasn't there. She kept saying it was always there. The rest of the day was spent me paying cards with my grandmother.

That night I looked out my window at the Willow tree. It seemed creepy. Really creepy.

The next day I ate breakfast, played poker with my grandmother, and went outside. I would scare my grandma's chickens, get milk from her cow, and I fed her horse Butter. I was getting a little tired, but heard singing coming from the woods.

I looked at the woods to see some white fabric attached to a bush. I looked at my grandma's house to see if she was watching me. I didn't see her, and being the dumb teenager I was I grabbed the fabric. It looked pretty old, and there were red spots on it. Not like normal spots though. It looked like someone got a red marker, and had let the dye bleed through the fabric.

That night I looked at the woods from the guest room window. Something didn't seem right about the area. The woods and the farm house both didn't seem right. I noticed something walk out of the woods after a few hours. The clock in the room stopped ticking. I wasn't really worried about the clock because it was old. It has stopped before, but back to the thing in the woods. Well less of a thing more of a girl. I looked around the room, and looked through the closet to find my grandfather's old army binoculars that I found the first night I stayed.

I looked back outside with the binoculars to see the girl was actually a lady in a white dress, and she was sitting on the Willow swing. She had an eerie look about her. After a while I fell asleep.

The next morning I mentioned the lady and the fabric I found to my grandmother. She stared at me. She claimed I was lying until I showed the fabric to her. She left the kitchen, and came back with an old book. It turned out it was an old photo album that the previous owners of the house has left there.

I asked why she was showing me it, but she just showed me a picture of a lady. She had blonde hair and pale blue eyes. She looked identical to the lady from the night before.

My grandmother then explained the house used to belong to a married couple, and their twin teenage daughters Larissa and Jessica. Larissa fell in love with a man that lived in town, and they planned on running away and getting married. Her father found out that they were going to meet up in the woods so he went out a few hours before Larissa, killed the man she loved, and went back home. Larissa wanted around midnight for the an she loved at the Willow tree, but he never showed up. She was so heartbroken she ran into the woods In a white dress, and was never seen alive again.

Now every time I visit my grandmother I look out to the woods, and say hi to Larissa.

Posted by u/SaeranUnknownSeoul