The attic man

When I was 9 i lived in a 2 floor house with my parents and my 3 siblings.One day my older brother decided(For some stupid reason)to go to the attic since his friends dared him to go in 20 dollars or something with his girlfriend.When they came down my brother's girlfriend had an expression so terrifying like she had seen a ghost or something.But my brother told her that there was nothing in the attic and that she had seen a rat.Then all of his friends noticed me and began chuckling and then they told me that if I went to the attic they would give me money.Being a kid who acted like he was the braves kid in the universe I said yes.I went up and some some boxes full of old things like ps1 games which must have belonged to my dad.Then I a small crawlspace big enough for me to fit in.I decided to go in and saw pictures of all of my siblings and my parents(including me)while sleeping.But that wasn't the scariest thing.I swear I heard someone breathing behind a old table.I ran back to the crawlspace and started crawling like my life depended on it.That's when i felt someone trying to get my leg.Then I screamed like a young girl to the top of my lungs.The man crawled back and my brother came with a knife and helped me.I told everyone that i saw a man in the attic.My dad,my brother and some of my uncles went up there armed(Like if they were in the walking dead)And searched everything.They found nothing like if nothing ever happened.They taught I was just hallucinating thats when my brother's girlfriend jumped-in and told them that she saw a man in his mid 50s ducking behind a box.Then she freaked out and started crying.Went down and closed the attic.Then she said while my dad was listening to her the man stood behind him and disappeared into the darkness.We never talked about that ever again.I still heard things in the attic.After a month we moved to a different house.I still think what would have happened if I didn't escape or if nobody came to help me.What would of become of me?

Posted by u/MemeGodTeen