I was 15 I encounter with Rake. I've had 3 more. This is the second.

So, my second encounter wasn't too long after my first, I was 16, but had just turned about 3 months after the first encounter. This time it wasn't as late, and I wasn't outside. I was in my house.

To explain, I have a walk-out basement at my parents. My house was in the basement, opposite end of the sliding glass door. God I always hated that fucking door. So, I'm sitting in my room, relaxing, but nobody else was home. My family was on a trip somewhere.

When you're sitting home alone in BFE not only is anxiety constantly there but all your senses are heightened. I knew it was rather safe and I also knew where the weapons were if need be. I also had several knives in my room with me. To be honest I was going home normally with no issues.

On the second to last night though, something was up... I got home from work at about 9:45 and just felt weird. The moment I got home I felt eyes on me. Like a stalker. But who? I'm in the middle of nowhere down a dead end road. Who the hell is going to be out here watching me...

I just went downstairs to my room to hopefully play some PS3 and just enjoy some Batman and maybe CoD. Now, the stairs to my basement are enclosed down but on the other side it's open space, which leads out into a living room area with 3 rooms on the left side, and the door on the right. So, to get to my room no matter how hard you try you end up looking out the glass doors.

So, I begin to walk downstairs still feeling odd. I just wanted to get to my room and play games. Then I did it. I fucking looked. I noticed something large, 7 feet tall, just run across the door under our deck. I almost started crying. I ran into my room not thinking that it had ran TOWARDS my end of the house. I just wanted to feel safe and that's where safety was.

That was, until I entered the room. This is one of the moments in my life that I felt so much dread I thought I was going to have a heart attack. The rear porch lights were on upstairs, causing light to pour onto my window shades. Unfortunately this caused the silhouette to show onto my window. I didn't scream, I didn't run, I grabbed my knife and stood there. I stared for 10 minutes until I could see it was gone as I couldn't bring myself to look out of the window shades.

Needless to say I didn't sleep that night and refused to leave my room or look at the window shades. I think the scariest part is that we have a large St. Bernard, and she didn't even fucking growl. Not a peep. Like she's used to seeing the damn thing. Unfortunately my parents still live there to this day. The next encounter will be up soon hopefully.

Posted by u/The_Nervous_Gamer