The orphanage

Disclaimer: I'm welsh so sorry for the bad english.

Me and my wife preferred the idea of adoption since we both grew up in care, so when we adopted a kid from an old orphanage, everything was fine and dandy. Then we asked her what went on at the orphanage. God, we wished we'd found out sooner. She said if anyone said a bad word, they would choke you with soap, and if you passed out then they would leave you on the floor of the bathroom. Then she told me something horrifying, that has stuck with me for life. They apparently took her friend Sam to the storage closet after she had tried to run away, to get, 'adopted.' Then she asked me a question that has been stuck in my and my wife's head till we reach the grave.

"Daddy, when kids got adopted in your home, did they scream in pain?"

I will keep you updated on what my kid has been saying.

-E

Recently this happened and I wanted to share it.

I wanted to show my wife my all time favorite anime, death note. We were watching the final episode, and to try and avoid spoilers i will put it this way, somebody stabs themself in there hand and so on. My daughter comes downstairs.

"That scream, that man made..." My wife was startled so she paused the tv and said, " Hunny this really isn't for little kids." My daughter turned and said,

"Thats the noise my daddy made before he went... missing." At that moment she giggled and turned to go upstairs. Anyway, Ive got a flight to catch.

-E

Posted by u/zbbey4