Run

Run. Run. Run. That's all I could think of as I was being chased into the woods. I tried not to look behind me, I could still hear it's growling and footsteps. It's followed me ever since I buried the body... what have I done? This is what I get for killing someone.

As I get into the woods I don't hear it anymore. I stop to catch a breath. Then I can feel it's coming again. I try but fail to climb up a tree to safety but I'm going to end up like my family. Dead.

I came to some kind of camp. The people there are treating me good and feeding me. They are letting me stay there for a while. I've almost forgot about the thing that was following me. Until now.

One day as I was waking up for breakfast I could see a dark shadow over my tent. I laid there hoping it'd go away, but it didn't. It was just waiting there patiently for it's next victim. I finally got enough courage to look out my tent and saw nothing.

I walked around and woke up everyone else. When I found all of them, dead. Nothing was left of them except bones. Then, I felt its presence. It was too overwhelming. I dropped on my knees and asked for forgiveness and begged it not to kill me. Or maybe I should let it kill me because that what I deserve, a life for a life. That's when it killed me. That's also when I woke up and realized I was still in jail for the murder of my best friend, family, and some campers.

Posted by u/scarystorylover23