I witnessed a murder

Yesterday at about 1 a.m. I was awake with my brother playing some video games when we heard some yelling outside of our window. So we pause the game and I peek out the window and see a man shoot another man in the chest with a rifle. The man pretty much dropped instantly and we called the police. There was a girl there who I assume was the boyfriend of the man who was shot, and she was just screaming hysterically. It was genuinely horrifying to witness someone die. He was dead before the Medics and police showed up but they did compressions and everything out of protocol. The shooter was arrested and the investigation is still ongoing. It's pretty much an open-and-shut case given that the shooter literally waited for the cops to arrive. They took the gun off of him and everything and he got arrested. We had a perfect view of everything from my window and I saw the body. I'm still a bit jumpy when I hear loud noises even as I'm writing this. My hearts go out to the people who knew the man. I can't imagine what they're going through right now. It all happened so fast and there was nothing more anyone could have done. I know reading this probably doesn't come off as that scary, but I literally witnessed someone die right outside of my house. The only thing scarier than that would be for someone to die inside of your house in my opinion.

Posted by u/OzzyDoseThings