There's something in my Aunt's house

A little background before I start, I'm 15(female) and this started happening when I was 12. It was summer and I was just visiting them for a few days. My aunt lives in Tennessee, she's a nurse so she has a pretty nice house. It's really open and has about 5 bed rooms. She lives in a part of town known as the historic district. The land her house was built on was a sight of a Civil War battle and it was previously Native American land.

Alright here is goes, My aunt and I were watching some horror movie. She pretty jumpy and easily scared, but she watched it anyway, for me. I've always been into horror. Maybe about 40-45 minutes into the movie, the door to her bedroom slams and I mean SLAMS shut. She paused the movie and asked if I heard the door slam. I said yes, a bit alarmed. I was alarmed because no one else was home besides us. My uncle was at work and my cousins were are they're biological Mom's house.

Now, I've always believed in ghosts as I've been convinced several times in my life of their existence, but what I've seen there makes think it isn't human. She tries to brush it off, saying "It was probably the ac." We continue to watch the movie. So to help envision the next part I'll give some layout, the front of the house is really open and has a high ceiling. As soon as you walk in there's the steps and the second floor is equally open. There's not walls on the outside of the bedrooms, just railing. If you walk straight there's the living room and it opens up into the kitchen. If you sit at a certain part on the couch you can see the railing right outside my Aunt's bedroom. I happened to be sitting on that part. I heard what sound like tapping. I turned to look at the stairs as that's where I thought it was coming from. I look up at the railing and see a little girl run from the bedroom doorway and disappear. The little girl had long blond hair and had it in a half ponytail with a blue ribbon. She also wore a long baby blue nightgown, that looked to be maybe 1910's style.

I stood up, a bit freaked out. My aunt obviously asked what was wrong. I told her what I saw and she just laughed, a kind of "are you kidding" laugh. She realizes I wasn't kidding from the genuine shock in my expression to what I saw. She said we should leave, because I was freaking her out and she wanted to get out. Not wanting to stay behind, I agreed. She suggested we go out on a drive and calm down. She just drove around downtown and took some back roads. We were out for about an hour and came back. It was 9:30? Probably? Somewhere around that time.

She was quite tired, but still a freaked out. She decided to go to bed. I was a bit more calm, but still a bit jumpy. She went up to bed and I stayed up until my uncle came home. I don't remember if I stayed up any later.

The next morning, I get up and look at my phone. It's 6:00, my aunt should be getting ready for work. I couldn't go back to sleep so I played some Skyrim on the Xbox in my cousin's room. I cuss a lot playing video games, my aunt doesn't really care because I'm usually not around anyone younger than 18, and she knows it kind of just slips out. She obviously heard me cussing before going downstairs and she checks on me, she scrunches her face while we were talking. I asked what was wrong and she said the back of her neck was burning. She asked me to look and, there were three scratch marks running down maybe 6 inches. They were really inflamed. I gasped.

She asked me what it was and I was speechless. I grabbed my phone and took a picture. I showed it to her. The happiness in her eyes drains into confusion. She had to leave so we didn't really get to talk about it.

To this day, I haven't gone back. I don't want to experience whatever the hell is there. Although I still hear stories and I get curious.

Posted by u/kriksbeauitfulcurls