Every year on December 12, a creepy tune plays in my neighborhood

Every year on December 12, at exactly 9:15 pm, an eerie and kinda creepy tune plays all across my street. The tune is something taken from a Christmas song, or so some of my neighbors have theorized, as they have been absolutely obsessed with the tune for the past 20 years. It first played in 1998, the year I was born, and every year on December 12, at 9:15, the tune plays again. It lasts one minute, till 9:16, and then it stops.

Mrs McDermott, one of our old neighbors, used to say that she was playing the tune. She was a big Christmas fan, and she always had a lot of decorations outside her house for Christmas. She said once my neighbors complained about the tune that it was her, but then she died, and the tune still played on. Every year. So my neighbors started to wonder if she had told the truth or not.

It wasn't much of a big deal but my neighbors would make out it to be. Every year on December 1, they would get together and plan how they were going to track and record the tune. You see, the creepy thing is is that no one has managed to record footage of the tune. My neighbors have had competitions, who can walk up the street and find it the fastest, but no one has been successful. Mr Cassidy, one of our neighbors, claims he plays the tune, but everyone knows he's just crazy and wanting attention.

I know this story isn't very creepy but there's something I haven't told you. I once heard the tune right next to me one December 12, I think it was 2011. I heard the tune, and thinking I could get a video and win the competition, I raced after the noise, and came to Mrs McDermott's house. Mrs McDermott was dead so that made no sense, but I heard the tune. I looked at my watch and it was 9:17, one minute after the tune usually stops playing. I turned to Mrs McDermott's house and heard the tune louder, and then I saw the most horrifying thing anyone can ever experience. I looked inside Mrs McDermott's window , and saw her dead body, clutched over in a defense position and her eyes were wide open and her mouth was open. She had obviously been trying to protect herself, and then she died. I saw next to her some sort of recorder that was playing the tune. I was never told what happened to Mrs McDermott, and I didn't tell anyone about the recorder.

The next day seven police cars showed up outside her house and that was the last thing. I never told my parents what I saw. I thought I would scare them. But still, every year on December 12, that creepy tune plays, and knowing what I saw in Mrs McDermott's house, it scared me even more.

Posted by u/Barbrickey17