Shapeshifter?

My childhood best friend, Alyssa, lived two doors down from me. It was perfect because we would be able to play in the backyard after school everyday. Alyssa also has a twin brother named Finley. Finley would often hang out with us and join in on our adventures. One summer evening, Alyssa, Finley, and myself were playing hide and seek outside. It had just begun to get dark, so we knew that we would have to be getting home soon, but we decided to play one last round. It was Finley's turn to try to find us. Alyssa and I split up, she went into a small wooded area that connected our two backyards and I hid near a shed. Finley was taking awhile to find us, and it was getting dark really quick. That's when it happened, I felt a hand on my back. I jumped and almost screamed, but when I turned around, it was just Alyssa. She looked at me with wide eyes "don't talk" she whispered. I figured Finley was around somewhere and she didn't want us to get caught, but the frightened look on her face told me otherwise, I will never forget that look. "We need to get into the house" she whimpered while grabbing me to my feet. "What's going on?" I asked. Just then I heard it, it was Finley, he was calling for help. I got onto my feet and went to walk into the direction of the cry's, Alyssa pulled me back to the ground "that's not Finley. We need to get to the house, now." At this point I figured the twins were playing a joke on me, but the fear in her voice scared me, and we sprinted to the house. We threw open the sliding glass door and pulled the lock down. "What's going on?" I asked. "Something happened in the woods, I thought it was my brother, but it's not my brother. There's something out there, it's watching us". It sent shivers down my spine. I peered out the back door onto the yard, it was pretty dark out but I made the outline of a shape crouching down near the pool fence. That's when I seen it. It looked to have the body of a fully grown man, but the one thing I will never forget we're the horns. I couldn't see it's face, but it was crouching down on its hind legs and had two horns, and was facing us, almost like it was watching us. That's when I knew this wasn't the twins playing a joke. Alyssa and I jumped away from the door and didn't talk for what felt like forever, but looking back on it, was probably a couple minutes. That's when it dawned on me, Finley was still out there somewhere looking for us. When we looked back the weird creature was gone, and Finley was walking around the back yard a couple feet away from the door, he looked terrified. We opened the door and pulled him in. "Did you guys see it too?" He asked, shaking. Apparently he heard us crying for help just like we had heard him earlier, then he seen some sort of demented creature, so he had ran and hid. Later on we had told our parents, they chalked it up to our "wild imaginations". I don't know what we seen that night, and I don't know what it wanted with us, all I know is I am 25 now and try not to leave my house after it gets dark.

Posted by u/slothlover929