Touched by The Hand of God

I have put up many true stories from my youth the scariest story I have is this.

In 2010 I attempted suicide twice the first time was unsuccessful. I had lost all of my high school weight was in great shape found a girlfriend that was very attractive, had a really good paying job, and a decent band that was touring. It all fell apart and I lost it all not to mention I am a child abuse survivor and was abused by both parents.

I gained 200lbs fast, lost my job, girl, band, and my mind I became obsessed with collecting comic books, records and became a heavy drinker. I attempted suicide in December of 2009 shortly after a messy breakup I fell and hit my head hard being intoxicated on a ledge. I laid there until some winter joggers found me and helped me until an EMT arrived. I lied and said I slipped on some ice and because I was so heavy the impact was a lot.

This got way worse as I became more withdrawn, and reclusive I managed to find a job at a local fast food place. I had family that let me stay with them and I was even closed off of them.

One night I had a run in with my ex and she told me how pathetic I'd become because I gave up. I told her I still missed her and I would like to comeback all I remember was being laughed off. Before she told me she moved on and was dating this guy I worked with that I didn't like and they were planning on getting married. I saw red before caving in I gave up and let myself go.

I was up late one night listening to the Alkaline Trio and Joy Division drinking when I just took as many pain killers I could swallow at once while I drank as much whiskey as possible. I chewed on handfuls of them and waited I lost consciousness and hit the floor in my room. I was dead.

Before I knew it I was submerged under water that was moving down I saw the light above and the darkness below. I swam and struggled but couldn't gain anything and before I knew it I sank faster. I finally gave up accepted hell and that there was nothing more I could do I killed myself.

I saw a golden illuminated hand come down and touch my shoulder. I looked and watched as the hand raised me out of the water and I breathed in as I woke up in pools of vomit on the floor. I felt the weight as if you just got out of pool after swimming for a long time. I woke my mom up and asked her if I was alive and asked her to drive me to the hospital. They pumped my stomach and told me I puked the majority of it out set me up with a counselor and I went home.

After this encounter I knew God was real because he saved me from me.

Posted by u/Thacitythatday