Men made an attempt to kidnap me (i'm pretty sure)

Last summer, my friend, and my boyfriend at the time went on vacation in Daytona Beach, Florida. I never went to Florida previously, and didn't realize how sketchy the area was until I had already arrived. We arrived at our low-end motel, called the Grand Prix. The owners knew little english, so it was hard to converse with them. I took my stuff in the room we were in, and unpacked. After unpacking, we wanted to go see what there was to offer for entertainment, or at least a bar to stop at. I booked our Uber to pick us up in 10 minutes in the motel parking lot. As I opened my room door to go outside, a guy almost instantly shouted to me from the other side of the parking lot. "Hey miss! Hey you! Do you have a lighter?" It was a tall man, from the middle east if I had to make a guess, and he had to other guys with him. My bf and friend were still in the room during all this, and for whatever reason, my friendly dumbass was like "Yes I definitely can give you a lighter, here!" They insisted that I would need to walk over to them. I had a weird feeling about that. But luckily, my bf came outside at that point. The motel owner all a sudden comes running outside the front desk office. He was screaming at this group of guys "Get out of here, get off this property or the police will be called!" I was thinking to myself, what is going on??? The owner then told us that this group of men had stolen off them repeatedly, did a few other things "he wouldn't speak of", and that word around was they were involved in a big sex-trafficking ring in Florida. But I assumed everything was okay now. They were gone, right?

5 more minutes went by and our Uber pulled in. As the Uber turned to pull out of the motel lot, I look to my left and behind the front desk building, aside a bush in the dark those three men were hiding. I made eye contact with the guy who asked me for a lighter. Instantly, I had chills. I called the front desk, and tried to explain what I just witnessed. I don't know what their intentions were, but I always think about it here and there. What were those men doing?

Posted by u/cc15650