There's something in the woods

This happened around October of last year. I live on the Oregon Coast and there's not a lot to do. One day my friend and I decided to take a day long road trip. We had a great day and got back late. I dropped my friend off and headed back home into the forest. It was nearly 1 AM when I pulled into the driveway. As soon as I stopped the car I immediately felt something off. As if something was watching me. I got very uneasy but told myself to stop being a pussy and take the few steps to my front door. I ended up getting enough bravery to calmly open my car door and get out. Usually these things are all in my head, but this time it wasn't. I shut the car door and out in the void between the trees I heard something big. I just continued to walk to the door calmly even though fight or flight was kicking in. I unlocked the door then as soon as I walked in there was what I can only describe as an "ape-like chuckle" emitting from where I heard the noises. I slammed the door and locked it. My family was home so I felt a little safer. I ended up settling on it was just me imaging things from being so tired. I took a shower and got into bed. I was drifting off when out of nowhere by my open window I heard the loudest scream I've ever heard. I was paralyzed with fear. Then again it screamed, but that time I could feel the scream. Right after that there was that weird god-awful ape chuckle. Keep in mind my window was open and it was right on the other side. Like it was specifically trying to scare me. I don't know what it was still. My family and I looked for any signs or intruders or damages or prints in the mud around the house.. but there was nothing. My bedroom window faces the back yard, and the back yard is gated and fenced. Someone or something had to of opened the gate to come in. Not to say it can't be explained, but with any explanation it's still a horrifying one. Even if it was a person, they were sitting watching the house at 1 in the morning deep in the forest.

Posted by u/KaisPlace