Weird Dude

This isn't really that scary in text but believe me, when it was actually happening I was fucking terrified.

I was a Junior in high school and one day during lunch me and a group of friends decided to walk down to our local bakery that was just a few blocks away. On the way there a kind of weird construction worker looking dude passed us going the opposite direction. He looked to be around thirty ish years old and was wearing some worn out overalls and a purple t shirt. Being the nice person I am, I give him a smile and a nod that he reciprocates. We make it to the bakery and got what we wanted and then started making our way back to our high school.

As we're walking we pass the same weird construction worker looking dude from before and again he's going in the opposite direction from us. I nod and smile but this time he doesn't do the same. He barely even acknowledges that we're there. I don't think anything of it and just continue to walk down the street. Probably like a minute or two later I notice that someone is walking behind us. When I glance back it's the construction worker again. I wonder why the hell he's walking back this way and become somewhat concerned. Despite feeling a bit uneasy I don't tell any of my friends, not wanting to alarm anyone for no reason.

Unfortunately for me, I'm a very slow walker compared to all of my friends (I blame my short ass legs) so I was in the back of our group. The dude started catching up pretty fast and was about ten feet behind us when he started to yell out to us. He told us that "the big bad wolf was going to get you" and "you better call the cops or I'm gonna get cha" all while maniacally laughing and mimicking a wolf howling.

Understandably terrified, all my friends sped up, eventually leaving me about fifteen feet behind because I can't walk as fast as any of them. Fortunately, my friend Lee stayed behind with me and pulled out their phone ready to call 911 if needed. Then the dude said "I'm gonna kill ya, you and your red hair". My heart fucking dropped when I realized he was talking about me and my brightly dyed red hair. I swear my heart was beating so loud I could feel it in my ears.

I looked over at my friend beside me and they looked fucking pissed. (For quick context this friend is very protective of friends and family so if anyone so much as jokes about hurting us they're ready to fight a bitch). I gave them a look telling them that provoking him would be a bad idea and they backed down. We continue towards the high school and are about a block away at this point and I'm trying not to lose my shit.

Then I hear him fucking running towards us and I immediately get chills that vibrate through my whole body because I'm so afraid that he is going to attack me or my friend. Luckily, he just wanted to catch up so he could walk beside us. But it was like his whole demeanour changed. He acted like he didn't literally just threaten to kill me and he smiles and starts talking about fucking karaoke or some shit. He even tells us that he knows a really good karaoke bar in the city. Me and my friend say as little as possible mostly because we're freaked out/fucking confused.

After a while of him talking to us like we were his best buds, we get to our high school. He didn't follow us any farther and instead split off from us at the intersection right next to the schools parking lot. When we got inside me and my friends all freaked out, but didn't do anything else about it. Non of us wanting to get the police involved, especially since we were kind of the "bad" kids at school (we were mostly seen as that because we wore dark clothes and listened to rock and metal music, not because we did anything bad) and we didn't want to deal with them not taking us seriously. Fortunately, we never saw that dude again.

To this day that's probably the weirdest/creepiest shit to ever happen to me. I still think about how fucking weird it was when he seemingly changed into a whole different person in a matter of seconds. Hope this scared you or at least creeped you out, have a good night.

Posted by u/oliver_dot_exe