Boyfriends...Maybe?

Kit sat in the passenger seat, fidgeting nervously with his fingers, eyes carefully staring out the side window so he wouldn't have to look at Ming and possibly see the rejection in his eyes

Kit sat in the passenger seat, fidgeting nervously with his fingers, eyes carefully staring out the side window so he wouldn't have to look at Ming and possibly see the rejection in his eyes. Kit was partly terrified that his courting had been for nothing and expecting Ming to turn him down flat, and partly excited about eating out with him again while anticipating Ming's answer. After all, the seven days were up. Kit had poured his heart out with each courting gift - a feat in itself, since it was difficult for Kit to open up that much to just his friends let alone a potential boyfriend - and even took Pha's advice in writing Ming letters. Not texts, not LINEs, not e-mails, but real, honest, heartfelt letters. He told Ming about his dream to be a pediatrician and help children, about his family, a quick run-through on what his life was like growing up, and even confessed that he'd had a couple girlfriends back in high school and had been intimate with them.

Ming had been intimate with his exes, right? So Kit felt Ming had the right to know about his experiences, too. That, and his latest ex from his senior year of high school was still friends with his family. They weren't close enough to gossip about things, but their parents were really good friends, so they still saw each other from time to time. Kit hoped Ming wouldn't be too upset about it.

On the way to the restaurant, Ming's phone rang. Kit glanced down at it then back out the window. Realizing what the caller ID had read, he snatched up the phone before Ming could, glaring at the screen.

Muwan is calling...

Ming's knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering wheel tighter. "...should I answer?" He asked in a whisper, staring out the front windshield.

Instead of replying, Kit swiped to answer and held the phone up to his ear, catching Ming's surprised and scared glance from the corner of his eye. "Hello. Ming is driving right now and can't answer the phone."

A girl sighed on the other end. "Who is this?"

"I'm Kit. Who is this?" As if I didn't know. Rotten bitch.

"Ming's girlfriend, Muwan. Put me on speaker, please. I'd like to talk to my sweetie."

Kit gripped the phone harder, the plastic case protecting the phone cracking lightly from the force. "I'm afraid I can't. He's driving and can't be distracted. You can relay it to me and I'll tell him."

"How is that any different from  speaker phone??" She didn't sound upset, but amused.

Kit glanced at Ming as they pulled up to the curb. Ming parked and turned the car off, sighing quietly while rubbing at his forehead. His hand was shaking horribly. "I distinctly remember Ming saying he'd broken up with you."

Muwan laughed. "Oh, he gets dramatic and exaggerates things sometimes. It's best to let him cool down before I talk to him when he's like that. And-"

"He meant it," Kit cut her off.

"P'Kit," Ming pleaded softly, staring at him with fear in his eyes. "Don't push her. You don't know what she's capable of."