Festival of Lights

Yo studied the 'poster' he'd uploaded to Facebook on the 4F page with a critical eye

Yo studied the 'poster' he'd uploaded to Facebook on the 4F page with a critical eye. In the info box, he'd put all the information that wasn't on the poster itself, and even signed off with his name since he was the leader. A fact he still detested, but was unable to change at that point.

Can't believe just a couple more hours and we're performing...for the second time. Yo sighed to himself, lowering his phone so he could watch as freshmen Engineering and Communication Arts students did the finishing touches to the outdoor stage and lighting system.

"Make sure the spotlights move smoother this time around," one girl called. "We don't want the light jerking mid-song."

"Got it!" A boy called back, giving her a thumbs up.

Yo settled back in the front row chair he'd claimed for the time being, eyes trailing over the decorated stage. After they were done dancing, he was to invite the crowd to send lanterns into the sky with them and krathongs into the river. And then the next day...they'd do it all over again. He looked down at his outfit, making sure it still looked okay for the performance. He'd chosen basic black apparel for all of 4F: black trousers (boys), black skirts/shorts (girls), black t-shirts with each person's name on their own shirt, and the footwear was black, though different for each person according to their likes. Nate was wearing a simple ponytail, Aim had her hair totally down, Mean had hers in a half ponytail, and Lemon was wearing hers in space buns to look cutesy.

Yo had even gone a step further - hopefully, P'Pha won't blow a gasket when he sees me - and had gotten his ears pierced the day before. They were still aching slightly, but the pain was totally worth it when Yo saw them in the mirror. He looked more grown up and edgy with them. Plus, he'd dyed his hair shortly before putting together the poster. Pha and Yo had been so busy with their separate schedules, barely being able to even say hello and goodbye...but Yo still considered it strange that Pha hadn't said anything that Yo's hair was now a bright red.

We live together...why hasn't he said anything???

"Yo!"

Yo twisted in his seat, standing and walking over to meet Ming. "Hey. Where have you been?" He took in Ming's flushed cheeks and puffy lips. "Never mind, I don't wanna know," he cut Ming off. "Your outfit is backstage in the dressing room area. Go get changed."

Ming saluted him. "Sir, yes, sir!" He ran off before Yo could kick him in the shin.

Yo rolled his eyes, and was about to start after Ming to check on the others when hands landed on his shoulders, keeping him from moving an inch. "Hello, baby."

"P'Pha!" Yo spun and hugged Pha tightly, breathing in his boyfriend's scent. "You're here early. Something wrong?" He looked up at Pha, a smile appearing on his face when he saw Pha's gentle smile aimed back at him.

The smile didn't fade even when Pha studied Yo's hair, one hand fluffing at it playfully. "Hmm...you make me think of a fiery rose, when the sun's just come up. Very fitting."